QuantAsylum 401 & 405

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, only for the differential output and the offset trimming capabilities, this is worth more.
The extra obvious improvement of the noise floor of the input stage and quieter signal generator, add to the price.
The attenuator and the 0.1% tolerance at the input for auto-scale cover the remaining few bucks and go over that.
So, in the end, 200 more is more than justifiable by only the things I have mentioned above.
Now, the other question is if performance wise it can compete with EMU1616m and I would be curious to know pro and cons of each solution...as they can be both had for pretty much the same price.

I just found a quick-start guide and the manual for the QA401:

QA401 Quick Start Guide

QA401 User's Manual (opens PDF)

Interesting what mrsavage found about the QA400 being discontinued! I didn't see that coming. Seemed logical they would keep the 400 at the lower price point since it is already developed and tested.

There is always a crosspoint to be looked for when customers rather pay more than see a saving in the older model. To be considered they might have guessed right and stopped manufacturing of the older one at the right time - kudos to them if it is so, very well planned! :)

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.