EOSC10Kv3 - LT AN67 10kHz oscillator : new updated version !

Joined 2009
Paid Member
While I do think the the performance is good :D, it does not have a THD+N of -121dB. The THD can be, with the right settings, but not the THD+N.
So I think there is something wrong with the settings in the MI Pro. Perhaps the noise is not included correctly or only for a very narrow bandwith?
Anyway, this is perhaps a bit OT for this thread.

Hi Frex,

The 1kHz version I built is working great. Like gtose I used thin film SMT resistors mostly from the ERA-8A line. The +/-16VDC power is from a stack of Li Ion 16340 batteries, and comes into the chassis via a mini-XLR jack.

Distortion is lower than the resolution of my measurement system. :)

Thanks Frex!

Miq
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi Frex,

The 1kHz version I built is working great. Like gtose I used thin film SMT resistors mostly from the ERA-8A line. The +/-16VDC power is from a stack of Li Ion 16340 batteries, and comes into the chassis via a mini-XLR jack.

Distortion is lower than the resolution of my measurement system. :)

Thanks Frex!

Miq

Why not a switchable version with 1 kHz and 10 kHz?

Hello abza,

I you need bare PCB of the oscillator, i have some in stock.
I sale them at original group buy price of 17€ in EU / 18€ outside EU. This include worldwide shipping (priority letter) and a very complete design folder send by email.
If interested me, please PM me.
Regards

Frex

Thanks Frex! PCB arrived - looks like fantastic quality. I'll post a completed build once the parts have arrived and I've had a day to slap it together :)

Attachments

• Frex-Board.jpg
    Frex-Board.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 514
Thanks for the information guys,

just got an email from Frex and sent a payment - looking forward to having a play. First time with surface mounts - so another adventure :)

Gulp! I suspect you might struggle with this a little if it’s your first bash at SMD soldering - there are some very tricky bits. Might be best to get comfortable on some less valuable PCBs.

However, don’t let me deter you - I highly suggest using solder paste and hot air rather than hand-soldering those smaller components. The resistors are easy - those tiny ICs are the problem. But good luck!

PCB (almost!) complete! Managed to get through the bulk of it on Saturday. The caps for C10, C17, C42 and C43 were missing from my Mouser order, however... so I'll have to wait until they arrive before finishing up.

Next weekend I'll put the case together. Detailed pictures, complete build and testing to follow.

Attachments

• Frex1.jpg
    Frex1.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 389