EOSC10Kv3 - LT AN67 10kHz oscillator : new updated version !

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Top right widow has information with total calculated voltage over all bins. If there was no 1 kHz signal present, value would represent correct total noise in the fixed 22 Hz – 22 kHz bandwidth. Noise (signal) density over frequency is a correct averaged value for any given frequency axis point. As you pointed out, window skirts or signal phase noise obscure result close to signal frequency. At such low levels I can't tell which is more responsible.

REW is a free software, but documentation is still very good. If you haven't found this already, here is explanation of Real Time Analyzer options:
https://www.roomeqwizard.com/help/help_en-GB/html/spectrum.html

Probably, even professionals like you could find some use for it.
I’m grateful to John Mulcahy (REW author) for making REW available for free.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
I’ve upgraded my measurement equipment with Cosmos APU + Cosmos ADC. New measurement confirms that this signal generator has at 2 Vrms output, distortion at -145 dBc. Measured distortion is actually in the range of residual distortion from measurement equipment, as can be seen at this link:
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...na-70-to-outperform-apx555b-for-30000.386001/
So, actual distortion could be even lower.

Measurement was taken at 2Vrms for comparison with Victor’s signal generator. At ASR forum and some bloggers (Archimago), measured for Victor’s signal generator -142 to -145 dBc distortion. My measurement of Victor’s generator, using same output level and equipment resulted with 6 dB worse result for Victor’s generator. Seems that all samples are not the same.

I’m waiting for ADC thermostat board add-on, which should improve further lowest measurable distortion levels, so we’ll see.

Another advantage of EOSC is perfectly stable frequency. Cold start is with 996.45 Hz. After hours of operation, frequency is 996.44 Hz. Victor’ generator from start to stable condition changes frequency some 2 Hz. It’s significant issue only with use of precise notch filter (Cosmos APU).

I have one signal generator to many. You can easily guess which one. :)

Attachments

• Distortion.png
    Distortion.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: 1 user
Hello Frex.
Thank you for the quick reply.
I can't send you a PM, even though I've joined here since 2009, because I've posted so rarely that the moderator thinks I'm a new member. That's why I'm under moderation. You can send me a PM, but I can't send you. I would like to order this oscillator circuit board from you, but I can't because I can't send you a PM.
Therefore, I ask that if you could send me a PM with your email address so that we can agree on the details of the order.
Is this going to get too complicated...but thanks anyway.

gari