Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Wayne Kerr 7010 LCR Analyzer manual?
Wayne Kerr 7010 LCR Analyzer manual?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th December 2015, 12:46 AM   #1
multi-volti is offline multi-volti  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Wayne Kerr 7010 LCR Analyzer manual?

Hello:

I have an opportunity to pick up a Wayne Kerr 7010 High Speed LCR Analyzer and it is mysteriously one of their models for which there is little information online.

Their website has a request form for downloading manuals or purchasing hardcopies, but they say they have no manual for it (came out in 1989). They sent me a file with accuracy & precision specs, but was all they had.

Is anyone familiar with it, or have a suggestion for a manual source?

I have spent quite a bit of time searching with no luck.

It's got some nice specs, but I can't even determine all its features.

Thank you

Murray
Old 30th January 2016, 02:44 AM   #2
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

I have manual for my WK 4200 LCR meter. There might be some logic that applies to both units let me know if you want me to send it to you.

AR2
Old 30th January 2016, 10:17 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thank you for the reply!

I decided to back away because of the level of secrecy surrounding the 7010 and someone else bought it. Very odd W-K had only a 9-page file of specs. No reason for discarding manual PDF. They offer PDF scans of manuals and have many older ones.

I wonder if it was a joint effort like Fluke/Philips and others...not entirely their IP to distribute or care about.

I realized I haven't needed it as much as I wanted it. Would have been nice but I will some day look for a more common solution.
Old 18th November 2017, 04:25 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I for now am matching capacitors with an inexpensive C meter that has enough digits but unknown accuracy/precision.

I have bags of ‘identical’ parts (same brand & date silvered mica & polystyrene),mark them with permanent marker or specimen numbers on tape, let the meter warm up, log the specimen number and ‘measurement’ in a notebook, sort the data in Excel, bin the ones that have same ‘value’ then find someone local with better instrumentation to sanity-check the matching parts with a ‘credible’ measurements.

Some upcoming filter projects looming

Wayne Kerr 7010 LCR Analyzer manual?Hide this!Advertise here!