Problem with soldering station

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
No problem! I was poking fun at the colours after all.

I have a box of Weller bones too. It got so I hated that crap, one going down averaging once a week for one of my techs. Once I found these (pictured last) I never looked back. They can be had for about $110 retail. The one Weller Iron I still like is the 12VDC model made to run off a battery. 40 watt heater, but I guess I haven't used it enough for it to die! I also tried Ungar ... and they were worse! Couldn't win until I saw the Solomon. I bought the only one my supplier had - the display unit that he had just unboxed. That was pretty funny. I wasn't going to wait for his shipment.

I used to own a place called Micron Electronics in Mississauga, Ontario. Sold it in 1998 and people still complain to me about what the new people have done. The new owner is a complete ***, but seems like a good guy when you first meet him.

Well, I hope you have a mild winter. You can get pretty slammed in that region. May your roads remain passable this winter as well!

Best regards, Chris

I've had the same Weller experience at work (4 techs) and on my home bench.
Regardless of model,they're not what they once were.It's a shame really.
After 20+ years reaching for the same iron,it's just not the same.Mind you,this funny little guy blows away any other iron I've ever used,so I'm sold.
And I'd appreciate it if you never spoke the Ungar name again;talk about ******* away money! Arrgh...

Maybe I'm just opposed to change; I still use my Tek 547 more than my 2235:)

Maybe the weather will stay mild for a while longer.It was raining most of the day here.Mind you,the Ice Storm started the same way:(

Cheers,Art

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.