DIY Audio Analyzer with AK5397/AK5394A and AK4490

The native driver has no problem to record. canvas might need to allow the 'microphone' (totally stupid new security setting in Win 10) to see input signals.

I checked the windows security section. The microphone is enabled. May I ask what application did you use for recording? By using standard audio interface,
Audacity, REW and Arta will not record.

By taking Demian's suggestion, the latest driver is installed (so is the firmware). I can use my USB DAC as output device now! The frequency response measurement was done successfully. Thank you! However, here comes the new problem. The RTX's ouput won't work anymore, only the input. That means I won't be able to do loopback test with "Java" drivers. Very strange.

Poting

RTX6001 doesn't work with Digilent WaveForms

Digilent has a nice software for free: WaveForms.
WaveForms was originally made to work with Analog Discovery. Using a soundcard is also supported.
WaveForms works nicely with eg. Lynx L22.
While RTX6001 works fine with software like Arta, AudioTester, SpectraPlus, REW, it doesn't work with WaveForms.
Would be just great to have this option, too.
Any chance?
Ulli

RTX6001 input is read by WaveForms (see attached picture; left: signal from an external function generator, right: from RTX6001 output while generator is running).
=> there is no signal generated by the generator... why?
Ulli

Attachments

• WaveForms -  RTX6001 L-HMH2525 R-RTXout1.jpg
    WaveForms - RTX6001 L-HMH2525 R-RTXout1.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 612
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I don't think there are plans for a new group buy as the instrument is now commercially available. What would Jens and RTX have to benefit from doing another run at production cost?
I find it more constructive to investigate what 'upgrades' can be done to the instruments as it is to understand its full potential (and limits). Only major findings in this direction would justify a new version, and possibly a second test run of instruments for the diyAudio community:)

What would Jens and RTX have to benefit from doing another run at production cost?

Lots of reasons really, one being to quickly move the remaining stock while accumulating funds for the production run of the next version. Another being to easily get more units out into hands of techs like myself who missed the initial group buy in hopes of becoming more competitive in the market. These are not very well known yet outside of this website, as I polled many studio techs local to Los Angeles for advise on audio analyzers and not one mentioned RTX. I found this through lots of research in hopes of one day building my own similar product before I stumbled upon this thread. However I can only find the group buy price, and judging by that I would be looking at a used Portable One or Neutrik A2 for around the same cost as MSRP, but much more recognizable brand.

TL;DR I can't afford full price, if a new group buy surfaces, or anyone wants to sell theirs, then YO!