DIY Audio Analyzer with AK5397/AK5394A and AK4490

Fired up my RTX6001 for the first time in a while, and on a new PC. Somehow the loopback results are not as I recall, can someone please confirm? Both input & output channels perform identically. The crosstalk mod has been applied but that was before the PC switch.

FS=48kHz, Vout=1V, Vin=3.16V, calibration for 0dBFS = 3160mV.

test.jpg

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Fired up my RTX6001 for the first time in a while, and on a new PC. Somehow the loopback results are not as I recall, can someone please confirm? Both input & output channels perform identically. The crosstalk mod has been applied but that was before the PC switch.

FS=48kHz, Vout=1V, Vin=3.16V, calibration for 0dBFS = 3160mV.

What do you recall? Looks pretty good to me.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
@PWatts

Could you try with my "standard" setup:

Loop-back from left generator output to left input and right generator output to right input.
Outputs set to 20 dBV.
Inputs set to 10 dBV.

Setup used in audioTester:
Sample rate: 192 kHz
1 kHz tone at -20 dBFS
FFT =512k, average over 10

Then you should get a resuslt similar to the one attached, which was made on your unit as part of the final test..

Attachments

• RTX6001_test_PWatts unit.png
    RTX6001_test_PWatts unit.png
    201.3 KB · Views: 494
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Post #2377
>The 12V and one of the 21V lines draw slightly less than 0.3A. The other 21V line 0.3A or very slightly above.
(Notice: the post is #2373).

This looks like the idle currents. Additional current must be available for high level outputs with low impedance output load, potentially short circuit outputs.

The available supplies should be someting like this:

+18 V @ 750 mA
+9 V @ 250 mA
-18 V @ 600 mA

These are minimum voltages to ensure that on-board regulators will still work. Higher voltages will increase the power consumption and heat dissipation. With the original tranformer + rectifier the unregulated voltages are of course well above the values shown above.

Lower voltages may degrade performance and eventually lead to malfunction.