hantek 6022be tutorial

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi !
i have here a Hantek 6022be scope installed correctly together with the SW.
Unfortunately after reading the user manual i cannot even start.
I am trying to calibrate (?) the probe and the manual refers to a Probe menu that i cannot locate.
Is there any clear tutorial somewhere in the net ?
Thanks a lot for any kind help and advice.
Kind regards, gino

Last edited:
There is no such thing as Probe calibration due software.

Hi and thanks a lot !
i was getting mad ... i read on the user manual of this Probe menu but i could not find on the SW.

The probe should be manually adjusted by a screw over the probe or this could be at the plug of the probe.
And this is an adjustable capacitor.
Such an adjustment it should be made when probe is set to 10X

so if i understand correctly i have just to connect the probe to the terminals on the scope and click on Auto button ?
and then act on the trimmer inside the probe ?
Thanks a lot again. gino

Also, check this thread at EEVBlog for improved software for the 6022BE.
The stock software is quite rubbish. You will have to look through the thread a bit to find it but it is in there.

Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO - Page 58

Hi and thanks a lot for the extremely kind and helpful reply.
I understand that the product is cheap so i cannot pretend the moon.
But the user manual is misleading because mention a Probe menu that does not exist. I will read the thread with great interest.
One feature that i lack is AC coupling.
Thanks again, gino

Hi and thanks a lot for the extremely kind and helpful reply.
I understand that the product is cheap so i cannot pretend the moon.
But the user manual is misleading because mention a Probe menu that does not exist. I will read the thread with great interest.
One feature that i lack is AC coupling.
Thanks again, gino

Funny you mention that, someone was working on a solid manual in that thread as well. Using the new software as the basis.

Funny you mention that, someone was working on a solid manual in that thread as well.
Using the new software as the basis.

Hi and thanks a lot again.
I will read the thread in the weekend.
I would like to take the opportunity to ask your advice.
I have one main goal ... to measure noise in power supplies.
I am dedicated today to power supplies, low V (24V max) and low A (2A max)
to be used mainly with digital converters.
I like extremely the Hantek concept of a measuring interface for a PC.
After all the amazing Audio Precision devices are the ultimate evolution of this concept.
I like using the big display of the pc as a monitor.
I have seen recommended the Rigol units.
Do they have a similar SW to operate the unit with a pc ?
What could be a clear step up from this Hantek ?
Given that i am mostly interested in DC power supplies noise measurements feature like AC coupling is a must. I would not like to have to play with caps for blocking dc i mean.
Thanks a lot again. Kind regards, gino

Optimized power supplies tend to have noise in the uV range. You need a low noise preamplifier to see this on any ordinary oscilloscope (e.g. Linear Audio | your tech audio resource).
Samuel

Hi and thanks a lot for the very valuable advice.
But in order to have any chance to build this kind of device i would need a kit.
I am not able to make a pcb on my own for sure.
However i have understood that this kind of measurements are quite challenging in terms of skill and equipment.
With signal this low the mistake is around the corner.
Thanks a lot anyway. Kind regards, gino

Optimized power supplies tend to have noise in the uV range. You need a low noise preamplifier to see this on any ordinary oscilloscope (e.g. Linear Audio | your tech audio resource).

Samuel

This is unfortunately very true. Oscilloscopes quite simply CAN'T handle uV noise levels. Most have a hard time getting down in the single mV range reliably. You will need some sort of input amplifier with integrated DC blocking to perform this task at all. Otherwise, you are better off using other noise measurement devices.

This is unfortunately very true. Oscilloscopes quite simply CAN'T handle uV noise levels. Most have a hard time getting down in the single mV range reliably. You will need some sort of input amplifier with integrated DC blocking to perform this task at all. Otherwise, you are better off using other noise measurement devices.

Hi and thanks a lot for this very helpful advice.
And are they expensive these input amplifier ? i guess they must be placed between the probe and the scope input. As a start even just the DC blocking feature would be useful. I do not know how to connect the cap to the probe tip.
My first targets could be some SMPS of which i would like to understand the noise. In order to keep the best ones and dispose the others.
Thanks a lot again, gino

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.