CLIO Pocket

You will need at least 24V to power the M30. Meaning an extra box just for the Phantom power.

Or M30BX and and adapter for Single Ended.

The microphone supplied with the Pocket is not bad at all, why do you need the M30 for it?

Long cables, that is why. Thanks for coming back to me.

Yes, as you say, the Clio mic is not bad, in fact, I already have a selected Clio MIC-1, indeed I have a selection of Mics.

The M30BX is not the solution and it is no longer available anyway.

I have 24V Phantom inside the ClioFW01 and I got the M30 for the reason that Audiomatica tested it and approved it with 24V.

I can run extremely long cables without adding anything. If I buy the Pocket I have to figure that out and add something to run the M30.

I want to be able to run 20 Metres of balanced cable. Then just before the input to the Clio Pocket convert it to unbalanced (and that will include Phanthom). Small size to match the small size/portability of the Pocket.

BTW, I have designed and built microphone preamps that have been used in iconic recordings, so I do know how to do this. But I just wondered if anybody here has been wanting to do this and what solution they used. Never hurts to ask and keep an open mind.

But I suspect I have to build it myself. Then I would consider posting it here in the interest of DIY. Converting to unbalanced and keep it small, if the ideal transformer (flat to 40KHz would be nice) could be found and three 9V Batteries for the Phantom, that would keep the components count down. But if doing it actively does the opposite. I will think about it, but comments welcome.

Got one these (below) and should be here on Monday. Cheap as chips, will be interested in what quality of parts inside and see what I can do with, already have an XLR to RCA Adaptor.

Attachments

• Capture-3.GIF
    Capture-3.GIF
    286.2 KB · Views: 195
I am on the way to figure out the hardware stuff and how to run balanced XLR mics, particularly long runs. A way will be found.

I have another question before I get the Clio Pocket and I believe (I hope) that the answer is affirmative: I can use the Pocket to capture measurements while mobile and then when I get back to my workstation, these can be imported into Clio 11 and be processed there? I am not talking about exporting ASCII text, but rather that the file format is the same? I tried to look at the Pocket manual and could not see a clear answer.

I've just try to read / import a Clio-Pocket file in Clio 12, it seems that's not possible.
Have you checked the Audiomatica Knowledge Base / Application Notes ?
Also a short Mail to the Audiomatoca Support could help.

BR Dirk

Thanks. I have Clio 11 and are the files compatible between 11 and 12, then that would mean that they are both incompatible with the Pocket files?

Yes, I have sent an email to Audiomatica yesterday, so let's see what they say. Maybe you have to export to text from Pocket and can then import as text into Clio 11? That would be a bit messier than I would like.

I will post here what they say. Others might be interested too. Thanks again.

Cheers, Joe

Yes, Clio 11 and 12 used the same File measurement structure.
You can import measurement results via .TXT file.
e.g. a frequence response from Clio Pocket, then the Graph will be shown.
But only the Graph, you can't calculate phase or generate time response or ...

BR Dirk

Yes, Clio 11 and 12 used the same File measurement structure.

Thanks, that mean *.mls extension files and I got Pocket file samples from somebody who kindly passed them on and it's now clear they are not compatible.

You can import measurement results via .TXT file.
e.g. a frequence response from Clio Pocket, then the Graph will be shown.
But only the Graph, you can't calculate phase or generate time response or ...

BR Dirk

Yes, that seems to be so, but that conversion, export, and import is something I was hoping to avoid. The idea is to use the Pocket with a laptop (USB) for mobile use, then when back in the workshop, use Clio 11 (Firewire and hence not mobile) to do the processing and then export to SoundEasy for modeling the crossover.

So I have to think about it. There is a guy less than two hours drive away (the guy mentioned above) and would love to meet up.

Cheers, Joe

PS: Would love to see a new model laptop that came with a port that was Firewire compatible, that would solve my problem and not need the Pocket.