CLIO Pocket

I did not compared Re measurement with other systems. So I can not say.
However i checked log chirp on my device and the longest chirp is 1365,31 ms (48kHz sampling freq/65K size). Please note that CLIO sends two sweeps to get a single impulse. Based on feedback from technical support of Audiomatica:, the signal acquisition is done during the second sweep. There are several reasons to do this, more or less obvious. In theory it is possible to generate and acquire during a single sweep, but then the acquisition has to be longer than the generation, because DUT output (if linear) will be a sweep convolved by the DUT response and thus the recorded total length should be at least the sum of the chirp and DUT IR length. By playing two sweeps of same length and acquiring during the second removes this problem. There are also other reasons to implement the ESS technique, but are less obvious.

how accurate is the driver re measurement within clio pocket if compared to other measurements, like a dmm or rew or anything else?

also, how long is the chirp sweep at its largest setting?

I own both DATS and a Clio. I did some T/S measurements on 16 different drivers and the results varied over 10% in some cases and as little as 1% in others. The variance was repeatable, not just random anomalies from either instrument.

So the question is which one do you believe? The DATS cost $130, Clio cost $650. I have REW as well, its FREE. Had some trouble with REW which forced me to buy Clio and I'm very happy I did.

The Clio goes through a calibration procedure so my faith now lives there. You get what you pay for.

impedance measurements done with dats looks sometimes a bit noisy or shewed, in a similar way what rew gives me with the shortest sweeps, this is most notable with drivers with high q self resonance. but rew with long sweeps looks flawless. (but i do not like how rew changes the driver dc resistance that one inputs, and what it then does to the t/s calculations.) since clio pocket use a short chirp i wonder if this is a problem with clio pocket too. if i buy clio pocket i want to be sured that it will make more accurate measurments then what the freewares can give me :) do not get me wrong, i like audiomaticas products, i once where a clio lite user but i sold it in a weak moment and i regret it every day :(

Does anyone enter their amplifier gain into the amplifier gain section in the setup screen? It doesn't seem to change much of anything for me. Also does Clio pocket use some sort of internal loop back for reference? If it were a true single channel measurement system phase and time data would be unreliable. Thanks.
Erik

There is no internal loop during "Log Chirp Analysis" measurement needed, once the system is calibrated.

During calibration the internal delay of the system will measured / calculated.
If you e.g. could measure a loop in/out before calibration, you will see up 20 ms delay with related Phase response.

The calibration results ( linearity aberration and delay ) will be stored and used to get correct measurements later.

Regards
Dirk

Nope. It just doesn't work with a firewire <> USB adaptor. we have tried 2-3 models with countless of laptop with no luck at all. Buy the FW-02 with USB connectivity and voila!

Yep, I have pretty much figured that out, but thanks for trying/effort and letting me know. But sending my FW-01 all the way from Australia and to Italy and paying a fair bundle in both air costs (and air is slow mail these days) plus the cost of the 'upgrade' that add no additional useful features... sigh. Ergo, I am stuck with a 1913-14 laptop that is not great for photo-editing on the run. But it is what it is!