CLIO Pocket

Only from LogChirp you can generate a Waterfall.
You must set a Time Range in Time Graph with the marker, Set Start / Stop Window.
This will then also shown in the Waterfall.
Below an example, Start - Stop is set = 5,71 ms
Waterfall on Z-axis = 5,71 ms

Regrads
Dirk

Attachments

• Clio-P-WF-1.PNG
    Clio-P-WF-1.PNG
    253.5 KB · Views: 221
Hello Everyone:

Sorry I just saw this discussion, but I'd like to set the record straight about CLIO Pocket's THD measurements. They are spot on. You just have to hit the bucket correctly - the same as with any other FFT based distortion measurement. :)

The bucket I'm referring to is actually called a FFT bin. A FFT measurement is made up of hundreds of these bins that "catch" the magnitude and phase data from the FFT transform. Then it's just connect-the-dots from bin to bin to draw the trace on your screen.

If you choose a frequency that doesn't hit the center of a bin, that fundamental or harmonic will miss the bin (or be sliced by the windowing into a smaller, thus under-represented sample) and you'll get an understated THD measurement.

Audio Precision vs. CLIO Pocket THD

View attachment 575390

YouTube Video

CLIO Pocket THD Measurement

Hello. All your youtube videos about Clio Pocket are unavailable. Would it be possible to watch them elsewhere? I am confused about measuring THD using Clio Pocket. Thank you very much.

RT60 with a balloon

So, I read the CLIO Pocket survival guide, got some curves and checked the waterfalls. Interesting and the curves changed a bit when closing curtains etc.
Now, having the SPL curves...is there anything that could be translated into corrective measures regarding the room/reverberation wrt damping/basstrapping/diffusion?

Would love to see CLIO producing RT60 T20/T30 plots with ms/freq

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-07 at 14.55.16.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-07 at 14.55.16.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot 2019-10-07 at 15.02.33.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-07 at 15.02.33.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot 2019-10-07 at 15.02.51.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-07 at 15.02.51.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 142
Let me try another one then ;-)
Just updated my mac os to Catalina...but CLIO Pocket doesn't seem to work (64B compatibility problem macOS?)
Somebody else with this experience. Is there a solution on the CLIO side for this or will it be a matter of going back to the old OS?

How big is your room and where are the speakers placed? Your high frequency response looks quite rolled off. Try Room EQ Wizard. It’s free and it works on most platforms, I’m pretty sure you can measure RT60 with it.

Room W=3.97m, H=2.79m, L=8.38m

I tried the REW, works but not with a direct balloon impulse for example...Hence I was checking CLIO a bit again

I programmed CRP file reader to VituixCAD Convert IR to FR tool few days ago, but cannot verify is it okay because I don't have actual CRP files or CLIO Pocket to make them. Could someone send me few different files as zipped, for example:
- acoustical frequency response i.e. mic measurement with chirp in Pascals, typically scaled to dB SPL
- impedance response measurement in Ohms
- frequency response measurement in Volts, typically scaled to dBu or dBV.

Screenshots or txt/frd export how they look as frequency response in CLIO Pocket. Acoustical measurement without calibration or CAL file included, and information about time window and smoothing.

Thanks