CLIO Pocket

Why don't you send the Clio to be upgraded?

Clio 11/12 is portable as well, even more portable than the Pocket as there is no need for separate accessories.

One advantage for the smaller Pocket is MacOS compatability.

I have owned various Clios for around twenty years or more. I already had to send this ClioFW01 back once because the software could not be the hardware and it basically became a brick. I asked about a conversion to USB at that time and I was severely reprimanded for even asking. And no, they were not going to do it. I don't have a backup and I can't do without it for any length of time and definitely not spare it any time this year. So I would have to buy a Pocket so I could use that whilst it was away. And also, I paid a LOT of money last time for fixing something that was not caused by me, so I don't feel like playing more money again.

I am not interested in MacOS compatibility, but I can see that be a plus for some.

Now will Thunderbolt/Firewire work with my ClioFW01, that would solve everything and save a not inconsiderable number of dollars. ;)

I can't even save files on my clio pocket. When I do save the measured data, it doesn't show up when I try to open the file I just saved back up. Its like I never saved it at all. Anyone have an explanation for this issue?

I have to say its sad this system is so crippled with lack of instructions and documentation. It's one of the worst user interfaces I've ever witnessed. They seriously need to fix this. I find myself using my omni mic system even though its not remotely as accurate. Im tempted to just buy a high end measurement mic and use 3rd party software.

I do not observe such issues. Measurements will be shown and could be stored and loaded ...
The only thing I observed is, from time to time the measurement graph is not visible. Specially after changing options, e.g. smoothing...
But after pressing the "Frequencity Graph" buttom again all will be shown.
This issue was not present in the past, e.g. 2 years ago.
I assume that's based on one of the last MS Win updates ...

BR Dirk

Hi, I want to work on my loudspeaker cross over and I was thinking of purchasing Clio Pocket because the of the calibrated mic, acquisition HW and SW package.
However I am not reassured by the beta situation of SW 2.12 for 10 months on OSX Big Sur ...
I sent 2 emails to audiomatica to learn more about the support of pocket on OSX, now that Monterey is going to be released and that all newer machine will feature a M1 processor. No answer.
Investing 700 Euros that would go to the trash in & couple months is not a noce prospect.

Have any of you had news on pocket support?
Anyone has tried pockect on a M1 or with Big Sur?

thanks.

Hello,
I have a Clio Pocket but I have too say I'm struggling a bit between all the options of measurement. Does anyone know if I can measure THD and 2nd and 3th order distortion of an amplifier with Clio Pocket? I'm a bit scared to connect the input to the binding spot of the amplifier. many thanks.

One thing when measuring amps, the Ground has to be connected only on one side or.... you might risks funny smell and magic smoke. The D-class and bridged amps have to be measured with floating inputs in differential mode. Actually that would be the preferred method for all amps.

The differential dual channel mode will not work with Clio Pocket, since it has only one input - my mistake. The regular Clio with two inputs has this ability. I was under impression that Pocket comes with two inputs. False hopes.
Anyway, the way I connect cables in single channel measuring power amplifiers, is that the Input side ground cable is floating and only connected at Clio side in case of potential difference imbalance between Input GND and Output GND.
The Dual Channel differential mode is described in manual for regular Clio, and in ARTA manual.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Are there any advanced Clio Pocket users still here? I have two questions:)

1. If I want to save a file (chirp FR), it only saves the last one, is that correct?
2. If I want to show e.g. phase, THD, distortion, etc - I just change the setting with the toothed wheel and I see the data I need from the last measurement. If I want to show more things in one chart, I need to use the overlay function, correct?
3. What would be the best way for the FFT/RTA window to use it for loudspeaker tuning? I would like to add a target curve for each band and then tune the EQ in real time to match the target curve. My idea would be to have a file with pink noise and I would make a copy and convolve it with the ideal target response. Then play it with output connected to input, store the overlay and then start tuning with RTA trying to match the overlay. Or is there any easier way - e.g. importing an impulse response or something like that?

It is a real pity, that the HW does not support third party programs like e.g. REW or Open Sound Meter, etc.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. RTA Speaker measurement is described in the manual, at the end if I remember right.
Overlay is not possible, I've not found such an option.
I think your idea to convolve the pink noise signal with an traget curve will not work, what do you expect to see as a result in this case ?

Joined 2008
Paid Member
The aim was to store the curve and then match a certain speaker section by EQ to the same shape. I have recently tried Open Sound Meter and I hope it will do what I need, since it is a real dual channel FFT/RTA. Clio will be used after the crossover is set up from Open Sound Meter.