CLIO Pocket

I have bought Clio Pocket and can answer my own question, it works fine to import to LspCAD :)
Another question if someone knows...
Is it possible to compensate for baffelstep in nearfield measurements in Clio Pocket. Or is there any other solution to for this?

Regards
Hobbes

Hi SY,

Thanks for asked him about this! :)
As said, it would have been a nice feature to have but for me, the important thing is to get measurements that i can trust in the filter simulations. And there I feel that Clio Pocket delivers :)

It's a fine line to walk between feature-rich and easy-to-use.
And maybe to deliver too much functionality to compete with more expensive versions 8)

Regards
Hobbes

Hi....I received my Clio Pocket yesterday. I tried to follow the instructions in manual to install; but could not pass the Calibration phase. After trying a lot still getting stuck with 'Calibration fail' error. I gave warm up time, changed cable; but still no luck. Anyone has experience to resolve this issue.

Hi....I received my Clio Pocket yesterday. I tried to follow the instructions in manual to install; but could not pass the Calibration phase. After trying a lot still getting stuck with 'Calibration fail' error. I gave warm up time, changed cable; but still no luck. Anyone has experience to resolve this issue.

Hi,
I took me a few tries, but I finally succeed in it.
I do not know why the calibration needs such a waiting time,
something correlated with internal temperature compensation, I suppose.
Maybe, try a longer delay, 30' instead of 20' as suggested, in a calm room,
and different USB ports of your computer.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have bought Clio Pocket and can answer my own question, it works fine to import to LspCAD :)
Another question if someone knows...
Is it possible to compensate for baffelstep in nearfield measurements in Clio Pocket. Or is there any other solution to for this?

Regards
Hobbes

Take a look at Jeff Bagbies FRD blender spreadsheet. Jeff Bagby's Software Page

You can import your nearfiled measurement and your farfield measurement, put in your baffle dimensions and the nearfiled measurement will get the bsc applied whilst the far field will not. you can then blend the two measurements together over a range to get a smooth transition. Extract the minimum phase from the resulting blended response curve and you are good to go :)

Tony.