New workbench ready.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got my new ESD workbench setup. It is from Production Basics. I find the older I get the more I find the need for good magnification. The lighted magnifier on a boom comes in real handy. The Leica GZ4 is for more intricate work.

workbench2015.jpg

Looks fantastic and really neat for inspection and production - but where is your test gear?

I always love to see the working environment of other engineers - but why is it that so many of us end up with a bench full of clutter - and an area the size of a small sheet of paper to actually work in......!!!

Guilty M'Lord!

Here is a picture of when I did this for a living. Now it is just a hobby. I don't spend a lot of time trouble shooting anymore. I build some tube gear and repair some simple stuff for myself and friends. It it takes more than a multimeter, I pass. I don't want this turning into work.

sabel2.jpg

I have the same in white, how much did it cost you in USA?
I've had mine for a while and got it for a real good price
I want to say something like $11.99 ea, so I bought three, gave one to my
pop, and one to my brother, they are white.

I've had to upgrade the nuts and bolts.

Then realized I could go with a larger circle bulb, from 8 inch to 9 inch
and went with high wattage too.

I had bought my magnifier lamp at Alang, Gujarat(the world's biggest graveyard for ships) and when it blew its round tubelight and the replacement was very costly nearly same as the cost of the lamp, I fitted 12 V LED strips in the ring.

Gajanan Phadte

Oh wow, 12 V LED strips. I like that.
I'm always banging my head on my lamp
when I stand up or move to pick up something
on the shelf.

I've not broken the bulb against my head...yet
but the thought has crossed my mind.

Now, I realize that my little shop I'd like
to have depth enough for test gear in front
of me...well that won't work.
Maybe at a good oblique angle from the side...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.