Accelerometer Testing of Loudspeaker Drivers

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I received a new batch of PCBs and Front Panels for the AP-2, the new version of the ACH-01 accelerometer amplifier.
I also provide detailed documentation to build the amplifier.
If someone is interested, send me a message.

Attachments

• AP-2 front panel and PCB.jpg
    AP-2 front panel and PCB.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 97
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I have a few questions:
1. What is the BOM cost for stuffing the board?
2. Do you have a Mouser, Digikey… BOM available?
3. The front panel is made for which enclosure model?

1. The cost is about 95 Euros, except the PCB, the Front Panel and the ACH-01. I made this cost estimation about a year ago.

2. Yes, with the order of PCB and Front Panel, I include a Parts list with component order codes from Farnel and Mouser.

3. The front panel is for a Hammond 1590 aluminum box

Joined 2010
Paid Member
According to TE Conectivity (the manufacturing company), the ACH-01-04 with 12" wires is active but out of stock at the moment.

This happened also several times in the past.

So if you cannot find it second hand, I believe it will be available soon.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
PN is 805m1-0200 (200g). Searching « te 805m1-0200 newark » from Google should make it the top result. Unfortunately they are « Not currently stocked » (maybe the reason for the sale). There is currently one ACH-01-04/10 (the one with unterminated wires that George was referring to above) on eBay at 39.99usd from seller « wolfborg1 ». I don’t know what was the MSRP for these but looking at comparably spec’ed alternatives from TE (such as 805M1’s) that seems reasonable.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
ACH-01 accelerometer seems to be out of production now. I am looking for other sensors that could be used with my amplifer.

A good alternative, with also a nice price, is the "584-eval-ADXL1005Z" from Mouser.
It is a very small Evaluation Board for the ADXL1005 Analog Devices chip.

Another possibility is the 805M1-0200 sensor from Measurement Specialties.

Both have analog outputs and need some cabling for connection to the amplifier.

Your comments on the above sensors or any other proposals are welcome.