Speaker test bleeps and noises...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building some speakers, and have a few bits of test software, Fuzzmeasure, Acoustic toolbox.

But wondered if anyone had any good sources for evaluating speakers (other than simply playing music) to work out where eq is needed, or where to tweak my active XO slopes etc.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Current speakers are some Radian 850pb's on conical horns or Beyma 10BR60's in big sealed cabinets.

I was thinking of a more natural approach...my mic can pick up where my speakers roll off, but I don't know when my hearing does.

I have used Dirac Live demo together with my miniDSP to do a generic in room flattening, but wasn't too impressed with the results.

I saw an article the other day that had musical instruments and their corresponding frequency range, and thought it would be good to be able to evaluate them on the distinction between double bass and bass guitar.

An audio friend suggested recording voices of people you know well. Girlfriend etc. an easy way to tell if the speaker sounds natural and accurate.

I have tried a few speaker set up cd's. "This dog bark should be coming from the left speaker" tend to get really annoying quick.

Played pink noise and I could hear a difference on the compression drivers up to about 17Khz, so all is not lost yet. Might get some earplugs to wear in the workshop under my ear defenders!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.