Audio Precision System Sys1 USB Interface

before doing anything else, check why -15V is down, perhaps not the 337 -
it could be those old electrolytics that are busy frying , leaking and and etching the copper tracks - this is truly bad business if not stopped now. Changing those electrolytics is very beneficial for s1 longevity and should be easy.

Gentlemen,

First, I'd like to express my appreciation for Udo and Duke for their hard work on the APIB USB interface. As I've been trying to get a (reasonably priced) AP PCI adapter to use with our S1 322G for some time now, I had given up on ever using this equipment. That was until I started reading this thread...

I'd like to purchase one of these adapters as soon as possible. I've emailed Duke at his address from the SOUND-LOGIC-LA page, but wanted to follow up here as well. I would appreciate any help or advice from other members or the principles here on this group.

I would also like to offer my services (gratis) to help make these adapters more available. I own an electronic contract design and manufacturing firm in the US, if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Thanks!

Dan

USB to APIB adapter needed

HI My name is Victor and I am an engineering Technician at AE Techron and I am i desperate need of at least 2 usb to apib converters Like the ones that I have gotten about 2 years ago from UDO

Thanks UDO for your hard work.
I am very pleased with the 2 units we have
and I am hoping you will resurface and make another batch

Hi waltube
Did you get the S1 fixed? Tantaliun’s are the device that shorts and bring the supplies. I have never had a shorted electrolytic cap in a S1, leaky yes. If the supply is down, go to #1. Disconnect the Molex that connects PS to the interface board. If supply then is up, go to #2. Disconnect the ribbon cables 3 or 4 model dependent. If supply is up, go to #3. Connect one of the ribbon cables & check, then next cable & check.

Or just disconnect the LVF and check if bad then remove the Channel B/Phase board and if PS is up replace the shorted Tantalum.
Duke

Just getting around to using my USB adpater.
I am unable to get APWin2.24 to run on my Win10 SurfacePro3.
I have turned off antivirus SW and UAC. I have installed as admin.
I have tried installing in safe mode. I have tried running as an admin.

I get the following error pop ups in small windows:

Start the APIB Device Driver
Abort retry ignore

Reset Error
Invalid device handle
Abort, retry ignore

Writebyte Error
Invalid device handle
abort retry ignore

Task manager shows APWIN running.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Rosback

README , ABOUT ApWin 2.24 NEW INSTALL Win 10

Most problems were with Win 10 where installing ApWin will not RUN
Several update in Win 10 are now need to modify the install. The NEW APIO.DLL file is need or the ApWin will hang up / won’t run as the old 80k apio.dll need a ISA, PCI or PCMICI slot in the PC to RUN.

Basic Software Installation:
1. Install ApWin 2.24, 1390
2. Find the apio.dll file, typically C:/Program (86)/Audio Precision/ApWin 2.24
3. Find the 80KB apio.dll file and rename to apio-old.dll
4. Copy the new 178KB apio.dll (it has the code need to support USB)
5. Launch ApWin, it now should work in Demo Mode
duke.aguiar@ieee.org

AP-USB install

replacing the original apio.dll found in a standard installed APwin 2.24, with the S1 usb Apio.dll, is needed for the Apwin and PC
to access the Usb connected to the AP,
or to start Apwin in demo mode if no AP is connected.
Ask audio1man, he´s very experienced, and a distributor of the APUSB solution.
Later microsoft W10 updates may get in the way of using software this old, but
APwin2.24 is IMHO extremely good-natured ,very clean and well written and runs flawlessly in most instances.
With other windows legacy sw there has been issues running 16bit SW to 32 bit OS, but not this one.
maybe try a clean install of win 10, if it is 64 bits,
try a 32 bit Win10 install in a separate HD partition dual boot for the AP purpose.