Audio Precision System Sys1 USB Interface

Hi
I could test the AP-USB now with S1 and DCX127 running with Apwin2.24 on WinXP and it worked fine.
But I have problems with the System Two Cascade +DSP (SYS2422). The device seems not to be correct detected. I cannot open tests with .at2c extension. The Apwin 2.24 expects only .at1 extension. (Same behavior as in S1 Demo Mode) Also I get an error message when starting the Apwin2.24 which reports problems with the DSP register. Has anyone tried the AP-USB with a 2422? Any ideas? Who can help?

Thanks in advance
Werner

Hi Werner
The ApWin needs to be Configured. Start ApWin, SELECT Utilities, Configuration, Hardware. Now select "Prompt for choice" This will be the best option.

Now when you start ApWin you need to chose the instrument/ file you want to run.

DEMO MODE NOTE:
Since you are using AP-USB adapter it must be connected to run in DEMO MODE. it is different than normal ApWin with or without the card

I hope this Helps
Duke:)

just a quick note to say, I'm really glad to be able to use the System One on
my main box (Win 7/64) after years having to use a second machine with Win XP installed for the System One.

You have done an awesome job making the interface and even supplying it at a very reasonable price, long live the System One.

Well done Udo.

Do you need any specific driver for the adapter with Win 7 64-bit?

Do you need any specific driver for the adapter with Win 7 64-bit?

No, just the replacement DLL that Udo created. The AP Win Software did have an issue installing, as there is a bug with the third party installer AP use. The easiest workaround for me was to run the installer with Windows in safe mode. Then it installed without having to find the other program running that was causing the installer to hang.

Hi

with my usb adapter on winXP and AP One, AP win 2.24 I found this :
If I load a test from the list on S1, a-a folder (p.e.) then I will close it and open another one the folder is the same.
If I would like to print the graph, it ask me where I would save the printout, I make my choice and all seems fine.
But if I would like to open a new test again it show me not the folder with the tests but the last folder where I saved the printout.
I hope this explanation is clear and I would like to know if it is normal.
When I used the adapter from Sound Logic with Win98 this never happened.

Thx

Walter

Hi Walter

The USB ADAPTER does have this problem. When Udo & I were working the debug on the adapter I found this using Win7 and up. ApWin was never planed for USB, only the AP card control. The DIRECTORY SET FUNCTION does not work as it did with the card. You need to change DIRECTORY using Explorer. I didn't totally verify this on all of my test machines using XP3, however I will put this on my list.
Duke

Hi
I tested the AP USB Interface again with another SYS2422 (Cascade2). The problem that the connected AP device is not correctly detected still exist. Even if I select the correct device in the software (like Duke suggested) it still expects to load only tests with .at1 extensions.
And now the special effect: If I use an extension cable (for parallel ports) between the SYS 2422 and the 25 -pin connector of Udos interface it works perfect with auto detection setting. Any idea why the interface works correctly only in this constellation? Could it be a problem with the signal level? Has anyone else observed this or is this a behavior of only my unique interface?

Regards Werner

Hello guys,

I received one of Udo's interfaces and have been very pleased with the performance. I have sent him a couple of emails, wanting to purchase 2 or 3 more to convert all of my production test over to this interface. But I am no longer receiving email responses from Udo. Does anyone know what might have happened? Did his email change? I don't see any recent responses from him here either.

Thanks,

Steve J.

Replies

Hi Walter,
I've made several requests for Udo to contact me regarding the insterface. As yet I've still not had a reply. How did you get hold of him to obtain your interface?

I suspect that he's had a massive request for these but I still need to get my hands on one! As a matter of interest what did he charge for it and will he ship internationally?

WFK63, the problem is surely the differing circuitry between S1 and S2 on the MFI board. They are quite different and I suspect the identification is being affected (due to most of the testing being done on S1 so this wasn't caught). I'm confident it's not level per se, since both use 5V signalling, but it's probably the termination affecting signal integrity at one or both ends. Adding a longer cable will change resistance and capacitance on the APIB bus, which likely allows proper detection. For what it's worth, I'm using one on a 2322 without issue but I don't know if 2322 and 2422 have different MFI boards.

I also haven't heard from Udo in a long time. Hopefully he can respond soon as a friend would like to get one of his amazing interfaces.

^ Same. Asked about 3 months ago, he responded that he'd need to get new modules made, no stock anymore, and promised adding me to a waiting list. Maybe it would be a good idea to initiate a group buy, with advance payment to reduce any potential monetary issues?

@kstr. Ah well at least that does offer a reason for the delay. I really hope he's on this as I need to purchase another System One that I've been offered.

I agree that a group buy with advanced payment is the way to go then at least Udo doesn't have to shell out for all the materials himself. I'd be up for this if anyone else will join a group.