UNI-T UT61E DMM Backlight mod

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got miself one of these for about 50$. Not sure in what state it is though. It would be my 4'th DMM. So maybe one of those voltage and frequency standards would be something to buy...

Regards

What would one search for?

Found it dmm checker. Now how important is it if it shows 5,25V instead of 5.00V if it continues to be consistent? Add to this if all my dmm's showed the same consistent behaviour ? Add again to this if my dmm's showed measurements in R and I backning this? Where would one find a true reference based by physics and not an argued good source (a more expansiva piece of equipment)? Could such an reference be diy'ed? Would it be worth the effort?

Regards

Last edited:
I'm putting a backlight into my UT61E DMM, controlled by a cheap TTP223 touch sensor module. I would like to know if my intended location for the module and wiring could affect the accuracy of the meter. I wanted to put the module on the front (there seems to be enough room) to avoid threading my wires from front to back but maybe there's a good reason most mods seem be placed at the back? I will test the accuracy before and after using a DMMCHECK Plus at my local maker space but it would be nice to avoid having to rewire my modification if I can.

jka7rKv.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.