New Multimeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Guys
Tomorrow i am planning on getting a brand new Fluke multimeter. The two that are against each other is the 87-V which i can get for $680 Aud or the Fluke 28-II for $550. I am only asking as the 28 seems the same except it has a more durable case but why cheaper? Anyone have any experience or advice?
Also i think i am pretty keen on sticking with fluke as i can get further discounts if it is a fluke being a student. (both prices without discount)
Thankyou kindly in advance

That's pretty strange. It might be due to popularity, the 87V is very well known; the 28II not so much. The 87V has slightly better accuracy, a bit higher diode range, etc. The 28II has much better battery life and is rugged as all get out. Both are meters that will last a lifetime, though when purchased new they are not what I would consider the best value even with a student discount.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.