Which spectrum analyzer for audio application

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
There are downloadable apps for the iPOD Touch which include RTA, FFT and FREQ resp etc - just plug in your analog signal at line/headphone port/jack and you are ready to go. The FFT app is pretty basic but maybe will work for you (?). You can find more info for this iPOD Touch/ADC at Studio Six Digital LLC and at iTunes app store.

-Thx RNMarsh

Hello all,
Thanks a lot for your replies... Well I'm going to look for an HP 35670 (I can't find the HP35770 ?).
For low noise test, does the HP 3560 (for example) is sufficient to measure low noise transistor (0.5nV/sqrt(Hz) for example) ...?

regards

Hi get one with a tracking generator function (built in source) that you can feed into the input of your circuit under test not all of them have this. Also watch the SA inputs, some can't take much voltage some can. Finally also look at the input impedance of those inputs as it could impact the circuit your testing…

good luck
Paba

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Best option- buy an old Quantech. Next best probably the IOS/Android spectrum analyzer but you need to build the test system which is the lower 1/2 of the older Quantech's.

Its a test circuit that servo's the gain of the transistor in circuit at the target voltage and current and gives about 60 dB of gain which you would need for any transistor test circuit.

I can send a PDF of the manual for the Quantech so you have a better idea of the magnitude of the problem. PM me with your e-mail.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.