what do you use to hold the pcb when soldering?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I also use Panavise, namely this one:

Invalid Request

I bolted it down to a piece of wood and glued a little pieces of rubber mat (actually the thing that's left of those self adhesive little rubber feet after use) on each corner on the underside of the wood piece. Now I can move the vice away when needed, but it won't slide on the table.

I'll use a Panavise board holder if I'm desoldering and need to use a soldering iron on one side of the board and a solder sucker on the other side.

A "third hand" is invaluable for soldering connectors. A bead of RTV (silicone) on the cast base stops it from sliding around on the workbench.

alligator clip pcb holder

I have one just like that, but i always manage to tip it over ..i guess i could add a flat piece of board and glue the base but then, the little clips scratch the boards...i am not really fond of this design. I put short lengths of heat shrink tube over the clip jaws - it stops the scratching, but it doesn't stop the whole thing from tipping over! I think I'll copy your idea and glue a board on he base to increase the footprint.

I use painters tape & small steel blocks to hold things in place. I also knock off the back pole piece of blown speakers for weights and knock off the maqnet which holds all the screws when repairing. A good set of reading glassses help. Of course I'm reading this thread to see what everybody else is doing.... I don't have any local soldering buddies...

I made a clamp for the TDA3116.

Other surface mount parts are small enough so the board does not need holding.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0734.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0734.JPG
    537.5 KB · Views: 160
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.