Soldering Station

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have what is probably the previous version of that model (I bought it maybe 5 years ago). It looks almost exactly the same except the yellow protector is smooth.
It works very well for the money. You need to clean the tips often since the residues from rosin stick to them. Also the screw nut that locks the tip holder needs to be tightened from time to time (at least on mine it does).
But today for the same money you can get a 2 in one that also has a hot air rework station. That's what I would get.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I have what is probably the previous version of that model (I bought it maybe 5 years ago). It looks almost exactly the same except the yellow protector is smooth.
It works very well for the money. You need to clean the tips often since the residues from rosin stick to them. Also the screw nut that locks the tip holder needs to be tightened from time to time (at least on mine it does).
But today for the same money you can get a 2 in one that also has a hot air rework station. That's what I would get.

OOOOOOOOOOOO - where is that one at!!!! :cool:

Hello,
Get the FRYS.com*|*AMERICAN Hakko 936. It gets hot fast, it is thermostat controlled and the solder melts. It works forever. What else do you want? What is that digital display?
DT
All just for fun!

I think the 936 is an old model. We're using the FX951 at work which is very nice but at $250 is way out of budget. I bought an FX888 instead for about $89.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.