Signal Generator Quakko 5000 - any good?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I am looking for a function generator that also provides AM/FM modulation (for troubleshooting vintage tube radios) and came across this: Function Generator - 5MHz Sweep Function Generator / Signal Generator / Frequency Counter (Powered by CubeCart)

It seems to be a pretty feature-rich little device that has what I (think I) need at a price that seems reasonable.

Any chance anyone out there has one of these and wants to let me know what they think about it?
Or if you don't have it, but have an opinion on it, I'd like to hear it, too.

Thanks!
Stefan

It seems quite versatile, my only comment concerns the sine wave distortion spec of < 0.1%.

While much better than old analog function generators (function generators, NOT low distortion analog sources) it is unspectacular and typical of digital signal generators in its price range.

This may or may not be relevant depending on your planned application...

It seems quite versatile, my only comment concerns the sine wave distortion spec of < 0.1%.

While much better than old analog function generators (function generators, NOT low distortion analog sources) it is unspectacular and typical of digital signal generators in its price range.

This may or may not be relevant depending on your planned application...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, cliffyk. I want to use it for "low tech" tasks, like for a source when comparing input to output signal waveform on the amps I build, and as a test signal generator for the mostly AM vintage radios I am picking up at the occasional garage sale/antique fair.
The frequency counter aspect is helpful, too, although my oscilloscope has been good enough for most cases in the past.
Actually, I thought it may even be overkill for me as it is. I've been watching two LEAD Instrument generators (one analog audio, the other one AM/FM) from the late eighties on THeBay, which could be had for $100, but wondered if I could add a bit of dough and get something a little more future proof.
I may just get one. If it doesn't work out, I can always list it on you-know-where.

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.