Re-greening the Heathkit IG-18

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've completed two variants of putting the HP 339A oscillator circuit into an IG-18 -- one is the 339A circuit using the 100:1 tuning cap ratio:
IG-18 #3, the IG-339A and B

The second is the 339A circuit using the Heath stock tuning caps:
IG-18 #4, the IG-339B

The pages include high-res distortion spectra, showing 1kHz results in the 1ppm area. Neither of these are quite as good as Bob Cordell's SV circuit in the IG-18, but they're still very good.

Hi Ken -- those are Augat socket terminals for wire wrap. Got them a million years ago and have no idea now what the part number is. All I can remember is that they came from Digi-Key. They have collet-type sockets very similar to the pins in good DIP sockets.

Hi Dick,

That's a very good point about the dip sockets. I have disassembled a few collet type 8PDIP sockets and used the pins for SOIC breakout boards. A bit of solid wire inserted into the socket pin and then into the breakout hole holds the pin while being soldered.

I find this produces a much better end result than using male header strip.

Cheers,

David.

Hi Ken -- those are Augat socket terminals for wire wrap. Got them a million years ago and have no idea now what the part number is. All I can remember is that they came from Digi-Key. They have collet-type sockets very similar to the pins in good DIP sockets.

Found them at mouser, had to resort to the paper catalog. R32/C Vector | Mouser

note that the price is for 100 pieces.

new PCB's board designs

Other PCB designs exist, but what about a new one that includes the latest
op-amps and voltage regulators. I would be interested in a group buy for these
new designs.
AHsJFJhC1JVdTiwNFHjIzQRYghQooATggIBTTTRlyNVL0Z4COQLoGuCnQgAduFxBEWgoDaMibGzFWSPmU4csj+wM1PKj1okIIUjp6WEESB+BGGKhQHUrj5U6CaosGTVmjgxZfDhtogIpxgAJAgBgmZTpC5kNAxkcmaIq1B1PgSotWCgQzyIagHx4afCnFZqFdF5IKWCKgGENQxAxKdGi1yBCpWrMCCDCAC0TAdrsuGRDyAcYFIJ0QSDAAIIEiQBEYpWEh5JXTySZAQBmxYADD8KQaOQCTi8cXFZ5cGRBDYRUZd6AuiFnIIhOW1QQucCBFxJMLM7QFTgiioNZheYuAgwIADs=

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.