Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Heath IG-18  IG-5218
Heath IG-18  IG-5218
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st June 2021, 09:06 PM   #101
BSST is offline BSST  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Jack,

I now realize I swapped the K and H terminals in my sketch compared to Heath's original assignments. So I'm responsible for creating a lot of confusion. Very sorry! For better consistency, I should have had my opamp output on H, - input on K, and the E0 and E1 taps on the opposite sides of the .05 and .005 caps.

Sorry again for the needless consternation. But I feel reassured that the scheme should work.

Thanks again,

Steve

Last edited by BSST; 21st June 2021 at 09:09 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM   #102
Pizzigri is offline Pizzigri
diyAudio Member

Hi guys,
I wanted to try the mux switch by making a test board with only the circuit that both of you described, including the sensing network. I basically got nowhere. The ADG409 BRZ component is obviously not available in DipTrace. Ok, no prob lets download the 3d and symbol files from Mouser. Nope, the symbol set does not import in the SW.... Argh, it took me ages only to manage to find a compatible chip from Maxim (dg409by i think) for which the component file was available, and then it was crazy still to import it... then, I found out that there was not even a single smd component , following Jack’s schematic, that Mouser or others stock in the libraries. So lets find something with the same footprint in the available parts database in DipTrace, how hard can that be. and again only the complete part no is visible to choose each component.. a 1206 470nf 25v is hidden under 234dfred23888-(556)... or something like that. One full day in total frustration and I cannot begin to imagine what the hell the SW engineers that coded this crap ECAD though when they designed it this way.

Can you please help me to at least get the switcher and caps board going? I beg you....
  Reply to this post

Heath IG-18  IG-5218Hide this!Advertise here!