Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Test & Measurement interface for Soundcard
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th August 2019, 01:46 PM   #911
phredrick is offline phredrick
diyAudio Member

csv is attached - the csv is simply an extract of info from Pete's BOM which seems to work with digikey's BOM import function on their webpage.

The import function dumps out a list which has to be inspected/corrected for out of stock items. No big deal but a little attention to detail is important. I kept Pete's BOM open in a spreadsheet window to reference while going through the list on digikey's website. Order quantity changes and parts substitutions can be made to the list so you can purchase exactly what you want.

Another thing to do is register as a customer prior to doing the import so the BOM can be saved and the purchase made at a later time. Handy if you want to get prices from a couple of vendors.
Old 5th August 2019, 07:06 PM   #912
bikinpunk is offline bikinpunk  United States
diyAudio Member

Just in case anyone here wants to save themselves some time, I listed my PM soundcard interface up for sale this morning. I purchased it from a forum member two weeks ago but had a car issue that I had to get repaired so I need to sell the interface to recoup some of that repair fee. Being an adult sucks.

Anyway, here's the link just in case anyone is interested. Asking what I paid for it.

FS: Assembled Sound Card Interface / AC RMS voltmeter by P. Millet
Old 6th August 2019, 02:09 PM   #913
itsikhefez is online now itsikhefez  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsikhefez View Post
I generated a 60hz sine wave in ARTA with my DMM connected to GEN OUT.
With GenMon enabled, rotating the range switch changes the measured voltage.
For example, range is set on 20V and both my DMM and interface show 3.06V.
If I rotate the switch to 2V, the interface shows the overrange sign, and my DMM shows 4.3V.
So the display is correct, the issue is that changing the range with GenMon changes the measured voltage.
I am assuming this is not expected?
Can anyone confirm if this is the expected behavior or not?
If rotating the range knob changes the input impedance then I guess the measured voltage should change as well (given the soundcard is generating a constant signal)
Old 6th August 2019, 02:13 PM   #914
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

You may overdriving a stage in the unit by going to a lower range which switches in more gain. If you look at the signal you probably see it is clipped. Check the circuit diagram what happens when you switch ranges.

Jan
Old 11th August 2019, 03:07 PM   #915
MagicBus is offline MagicBus  Greece
diyAudio Member

As requested Behringer UMC 202HD for measurements

Test & Measurement interface for SoundcardHide this!Advertise here!