Measurement mic from Dayon - EMM-6 - $50

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This seems like a new thing..

Considering you can build a decent measurement microphone from a panasonic capsule for a few bucks, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to do it as a mass produced product without charging an obscene amount for it!

Seems like Dayton/Parts Express is on the ball as usual.

50 bucks for a well-built, tested and calibrated microphone for measurement purposes, with decent SPL overhead. I've built a couple mics from the WM-61A, and I'd be willing to shell out 50 bucks for something well built like that.

Anyone used these yet? Are they brand new? I searched the forum for the model number and haven't seen it mentioned. Seems like this could save a lot of people a lot of hassle (and money)

This mike looks like just the ticket for me. Must look into it. Can anyone suggest a suitable phantom power supply/pre-amp for the Dayton EMM-6?

How about a whole sound card? I'm using one of these for my measurements. sound card calibrations come up perfectly flat as far as response, and it'll do up to 192khz. High quality ADC/DACs; they stated at one point that they use the same chips as ProTools soundcards/digital mixers.

And does 48volt phantom power right on the card

best yet, it's the same price as that microport thing!

Last edited:
This mike looks like just the ticket for me. Must look into it. Can anyone suggest a suitable phantom power supply/pre-amp for the Dayton EMM-6?

Any of the sub $100 audio interfaces that are marketed to musicians would have an XLR mic input, phantom power and a reasonable preamp. You can spend more and get one of the interfaces marketed to the home recording studio and have more inputs and better preamps.

There is another $50 mic here that has been on the market for a few years.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHECM8000

Lots of things that will connect the mic to a computer
http://www.zzounds.com/cat--USB-Audio-Interfaces--2424

The US122 may be the lowest cost option

aaahahaha well look at that.

I'll be damned if that's not the same exact microphone, just rebranded by partsexpress.

PE seems to be stressing the whole "comes with its own calibration graph," which seems to indicate that they calibrate each mic individually? Does the behringer do the same? Of course, it might just be a calibration file for that particular model of microphone... if they're consistent enough that should be sufficient, I would think

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.