oscilloscope kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
heneyr
I haven't used this specific item but, ----- It falls in the catagory of way better than nothing. If cost is the driving consideration, then it offers a lot of bang for the buck. If you are building or repairing in the audio relm, there is great value in having at least some kind of scope insturment. That being said, if you can be patient, and can afford 200 300 dollars, you can find a dedicated used Tektronix on E-bay that will do soooooo much more.

I have the jyetech scope kit, it is pretty cute, I even added a lithium ion battery and integrated charger / boost converter to it to make it portable.

However, it's usefulness is limited by the awkward user interface, buggy triggering, small screen size, and lack of external trigger or second channel.

For $100 the kit you posted a link to looks great. I may even consider it myself.

For a bit more, there's hobbylab's scope, with logic analyzer and spectrum analyzer features.

A higher bandwidth old analog scope is useful to track down oscillations too, though I rarely use mine and would purchase it after I purchased the computer based one.

-David

Heathkit!

Too many years ago I bought a bunch of Heathkits, including a very very (very) nice oscilloscope. I do'nt remember model number. The other Heathkits were a signal generator, benchmultimeter and a very expensive but very well functioning FM-reciever Kit with digitally synthesized tuner, probably the Worlds first! I surely miss the old Heathkits!

regards, Jonas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.