Amplitrex AT-1000 Tube Tester

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am seriously considering purchasing an Amplitrex AT-1000. I build boutique tube guitar amps and really likes its features:

* up to 500V testing
* both preamp and power amp tube matching
* testing for microphonics
* plotting of tube characteristics

I have looked at other "modern" tube testers:
- Phils Bitmatic Tester
- Hagerman
- The Transcendent Tube Analyzer
- TVT dual triode tester
- Maxi matcher tube tester

And even the vintage Tek 570

But none have all of the features of the AT-1000.

Has anybody worked with this machine or have comments about it?

thanks
d1

Hmm, surprised there are not more interested in this tester. I spoke with Chris today (the manufacturer) and it will be about a 6 week wait.

Have others investigated this unit? Is there a better board to ask about this kind of thing, perhaps where there are more pros interested in tube testing?

I confirm being in Hong Kong for the last 10+ years. I'm not sure if I know John. I must get over to the island one day as seems to be an active group of tubeheads/full rangers there. I usually visit my mother in Sechelt every 6 months and I can see the lights of Nanaimo from her place.
The Amplitrex is expensive but the programability, portability and durability make it worthwhile, IMO.
Regards
brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.