Gross power indicator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There's a kit that does almost exactly what you need. They even provide a schematic in the manual, so you could build your own version with just a couple of LEDs:
Velleman K4307
K4307 Manual
Google K4307 and you'll find various on-line vendors.

If you could mount temperature sensors on the loudspeaker magnets, that provides a real measure of how much power they've been subjected to.

AndrewT said:
P/A use.
What was the big secret?
I thought you were into military uses!

Sorry, it was very early in the morning and I was thinking to myself "at 120dB no one can hear you scream" hahahahha just wasnt quite awake yet.

and in truth no one will hear any amount of distortion as no one will actually hear the speakers in this case. as a sound guy its just natural for me to say stage...

dangus said:
There's a kit that does almost exactly what you need. They even provide a schematic in the manual, so you could build your own version with just a couple of LEDs:
Velleman K4307
K4307 Manual
Google K4307 and you'll find various on-line vendors.

If you could mount temperature sensors on the loudspeaker magnets, that provides a real measure of how much power they've been subjected to.

THIS is perfect! Perfect! thank you for the info. this looks like it will do exactly what i need.

Zc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.