• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

MAT02, 03 Elektor preamp schematic

Naach na aave aangan tedha, Nobody is perfect....

and all such sayings r a way of shielding one's own ignorance. The people who use these have no tendency to learn and correct. They have opinions and they make it the truth.

Go to rtiindia.org forum and read "chalta hai" and read

Edit:If I am not wrong, I am the only DIYer in India who has a dedicated workplace for this hobby and for your information, I have done this for nearly 30 years. Only big advantage with me is that I work at a place where high tech instruments r used. Indian product does not go beyond an oven here.

Last edited:
As far as I have Observed Elektor amps ,most of them were trouble givers. last which i decided to venture was millennium crescendo but somehow I lost much inspirations going through all the reviews .

To get it going well, one need to know lot of under-laying facts. I feel somehow convinced that many of the elektor porjects are not well tested but just pushed into us as "gap fillers".

Though they have "one of the best designs" but what good are they if most of them are bound to fail? (read as pathetically fail) .

Then we need to tweak here and there which translates into entirely different characteristics overriding original measurements and specs.

Search for linkwitzlab and read about speakers. It is one of the best.

I have gone through it.
That website existed since long time. an effort worth appreciation.

At many points Author has Indirectly mocked at so called prevailing (conventional) high end audio systems.

Especially the microphone building part ,that was just Awesome.

His efforts (kudos) clearly states that any speaker with decent sound can be corrected electronically using filters. and he proved it all.
So requirement of "expensive drivers only give good result" becomes totally redundant in his context.and I am in 100 percent agreement to that fact.

Last edited:
for all who asked for the pcb layout

here is the pcb layout for the elektor uti preamp. I found it from the net after a long and tiresome search. thought it will be helpful to diy community because it is a great preamp.

Attachments

• fig1.gif
    fig1.gif
    141.3 KB · Views: 1,372
  • fig2.gif
    fig2.gif
    306.4 KB · Views: 1,336
Hi,
This is an old story!
Do you still have full documentation?
Send me an email?
Thanks!

Hi Nexus,

Sorry about the delay getting back to you.

As it happens I do. I use Pads PCB. I can email the file to you as is, or compile it into a multi-page pdf. It is a double layer with top ground plane.

I've included a 3 page pdf for your perusal.
P1. Schematic
P2. Top
P3. Bottom

All PCB layouts are 2:1 un-mirrored

If you need all the PCB details in pdf or CAM photo then can you give me a few of days - it my wife's birthday the day after tomorrow and things are just a bit manic right now with that and work.

Let me know what you require.

Kind regards

res