Go Back   Home > Forums > > >

Elektor News and offers from Elektor Magazine

Old 5th October 2020, 05:35 PM   #21
metanastis is offline metanastis  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrFlick View Post
Nice to hear from you -Metanastics- What a pity we live so far from each other. I would like to make a direct compare between your old AXL amplifier
and my upgraded AXL V2 amplifier. I recently made a tiny modification for the ON/OFF switch LED illumination. It was powered by a old fashioned
small powersupply with a 1,8VA transformer and 100mA stablized 12V out. But I realized that it would be more usefull to have a more "intelligence"
one. This signal LED in the ON/OFF switch should go ON when all the four power supply voltages (-38V and + 38V) for the left and right channel are in good
health. If one of them is down the LED signal should be off. So I used a opto-coupler powered by the four amplifier power supply's. It is just a small PCB
which can easily find a place inside the amplifier.
What's your power transformer specifications in secondary volts and current?
Old 5th October 2020, 09:28 PM   #22
Herr Flick is offline Herr Flick  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

It's a Amplimo toroidal transformer 2 x 25V 2,4 A = 120VA
https://www.amplimo.nl/images/downlo...ange/48016.pdf
Old 7th October 2020, 11:39 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Try the class A operation- 1A current wit no load. You will be amazed by the sonic impression! I work it to its limits with +- 39VDC 5A power supply. My capacitors are 40000Uf/63VDC and i have built 2 separate boxes for power supply and amplifier. Yesterday I finished the 3 pcbs, 2 for the amp and 1 for the DC stabilization. I have ordered my spare parts from mouser and I will start rebuilding the project under the knowledge and experience of today. 15 years ago I came to your country working for a military project of my company( Hellenic Aerospace Industry).I stayed for 1 month in Wintersvijk and I had a really good time with the local fellows.
Old 7th October 2020, 12:47 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

I would appreciate it If you could inform me about the exact dimensions of the old AXL pcb because scanning the image from the magazine is a little bit tricky.
Thanks a lot
Old 8th October 2020, 09:19 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Flick View Post
It's a Amplimo toroidal transformer 2 x 25V 2,4 A = 120VA
https://www.amplimo.nl/images/downlo...ange/48016.pdf
Try the class A operation- 1A current wit no load. You will be amazed by the sonic impression! I work it to its limits with +- 39VDC 5A power supply. My capacitors are 40000Uf/63VDC and i have built 2 separate boxes for power supply and amplifier. Yesterday I finished the 3 pcbs, 2 for the amp and 1 for the DC stabilization. I have ordered my spare parts from mouser and I will start rebuilding the project under the knowledge and experience of today. 15 years ago I came to your country working for a military project of my company( Hellenic Aerospace Industry).I stayed for 1 month in Wintersvijk and I had a really good time with the local fellows.I would appreciate it If you could inform me about the exact dimensions of the old AXL pcb because scanning the image from the magazine is a little bit tricky.
Thanks a lot
Old 8th October 2020, 12:15 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrFlick View Post
Nice to hear from you -Metanastics- What a pity we live so far from each other. I would like to make a direct compare between your old AXL amplifier
and my upgraded AXL V2 amplifier. I recently made a tiny modification for the ON/OFF switch LED illumination. It was powered by a old fashioned
small powersupply with a 1,8VA transformer and 100mA stablized 12V out. But I realized that it would be more usefull to have a more "intelligence"
one. This signal LED in the ON/OFF switch should go ON when all the four power supply voltages (-38V and + 38V) for the left and right channel are in good
health. If one of them is down the LED signal should be off. So I used a opto-coupler powered by the four amplifier power supply's. It is just a small PCB
which can easily find a place inside the amplifier.
I will give it a try in my new AXL construction-Thanks a lot
  Reply to this post

Elektor AXL V2 with Lateral MOSFET'sHide this!Advertise here!