Go Back   Home > Forums > > >

Elektor News and offers from Elektor Magazine

Old 1st December 2020, 10:41 PM   #21
Guerilla is offline Guerilla  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Thanks Kay and Fahey. I never got a manual for my 234. I Used information from Rane web site which is very thorough, bys still got hiss af hum. I will check my homesolered cables again. Cheers!
Old 2nd December 2020, 02:22 AM   #22
JMFahey is offline JMFahey  Argentina
diyAudio Member

FWIW the manual at Rane site is: https://dbxpro.com/en/product_docume...manuala2pdf--4

Hiss does not depend on cable shielding so it´s either on music program or music source or *maybe* your crossover was set to too high gain.

Hum/buzz can come even with perfect shielding if you have a grounding problem, in your sound_source>crossover>power_amp setup.
Old 2nd December 2020, 05:57 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Thanks again Fahey. Actually there is a little mechanical ”hum” from the crossover itself. When time permits I will change ps. I just had a suspision that my atempt of ”semibalanced” conections was part of the problem. We will see
Old 4th December 2020, 02:03 PM   #24
ADMicroNov is offline ADMicroNov  France
diyAudio Member

Location: I live in the south of France. City Draguignan. I travel a lot for all the Emmaus of France,Europe
Default PA_300/400

Hello, Kay.
Sorry, I was away. I'm not back home yet. Ok I would give the Pcb of 300,400,600. It is still in verification, because we have created a routing conforming to our case, visible on the attachments.
Best regards.
Old 4th December 2020, 02:31 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Location: I live in the south of France. City Draguignan. I travel a lot for all the Emmaus of France,Europe
Default PA_300/400

For the C9 capacity it is the compensation, at least we say so in French. Be careful, she plays on the slew-rate. Everything is indicated on the AOP 55.xxx datasheet. Normally it's more like 22 pF. The more the capacity decreases, the more the slew-rate increases. From memory it is 13v / µs maximum. Why Elektor put 33 pF, mystery. But it works. Mandatory to connect a 33 pF on pins N ° 6 & N ° 2, otherwise guaranteed oscillations.
Protection is not a problem, at least not on our side. Attention, it is preferable to mount the power supply as the original diagram. If unable to correct, the NE55.xxx is a copy. Take a circuit of big brand and not of Chinese origin !!!!.
We installed a Pa version 400, apart from a Pcb error corrected by bridging, it works well. The routing of our version took time, the Pcb is not yet fixed.
We are also testing a version with 78 / 79.xx regulators. Better in terms of stability and noise. Advice from an engineer who is a size in France.
Greetings, Jacky
Old 4th December 2020, 03:17 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Default PA_300/400/600

Herewith Pa. 600
Greetings
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pa.600_Lyt.jpg (663.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Pa.600_Pcb.jpg (454.6 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Pa.600_Silk.jpg (554.6 KB, 64 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pa.600_Lyt.pdf (1,004.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: pdf Pa.600_Pcb.pdf (562.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: pdf Pa.600_Silk.pdf (437.2 KB, 13 views)
Old 4th December 2020, 03:33 PM   #27
Kay Pirinha is offline Kay Pirinha  Germany
diyAudio Member

Thank you, Jacky!
Is it correct that two separate L brackets and heatsinks are necessary per board?
Best regards!
Old 4th December 2020, 06:41 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Default PA_300/400

Hi, Kay.
It should be understood that two L-shaped angles of 40x40_Ep = 5 mm is less expensive than a U of 80x40.
It is easier to machine the angle iron than the U. In addition, it is not too standardized, among manufacturers. But you can do it at a factory.
Then the, L must be connected to the main heatsink. Or do a tunnel assembly. 8 pairs at 100 volts this starts to make a nice heater. Then it is a question of feeling and of handyman ability. We are fine with the approach used on the top view of the amplifier that I have detailed. And if assembly in bridge then, it is obligatory tunnel. I hope to have answered.
Greetings.
Jacky
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pa.xx_Main Heat.jpg (288.3 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg Pa.xx_Tunnel.jpg (476.1 KB, 51 views)
Old 5th December 2020, 05:19 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Wont reused PC coolers for highpowered cpu be efficient? Just one for each output transistor. Mounted to alow vertical airflow.
Cheers!
Old 5th December 2020, 05:43 AM   #30
JMFahey is offline JMFahey  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Don´t think transistor per transistor but the big overheated block you are trying to cool.

As in: 1 or 2 (depending on layout) large "tunnels" where you concentrate large airflow and lots of fins together.

A CPU is on its own, or maybe you have two in a PC case, not 8/12/16/whatever transistors all together side by side.

And total heat generated is more than anything a CPU can generate.

Elektor PA300Hide this!Advertise here!