ELEKIT TU-8900 2A3/300B (Stereophile Review Available NOW - July 2023 Edition)

Beefy the posts don't bother me it only takes a second to scroll through.

If you have not found them yet there are also threads on Headfi and Superbestaudiofriends where mods and impressions are appearing. I noticed Jimmysjunkyard has also posted a couple of YouTube build videos maybe a review will come later from Jimmy as well.

Elekit 300B Amp kit | Page 12 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Elekit TU-8900 2A3\300B Single Ended DHT Tube Amp - Build, Impressions, and Review | Super Best Audio Friends

I GOT COMPLAIN TO OFFER THE SHIPPING update.

It is hard to please anyone.
I think I do the right thing to post the update
Anyway, I have two boxes out of 9 will be available next week. I hope UPS will not offer further delay..

I had one shipment in Dec 2020. This shipment cannot be cleared by customs for 60 days. UPS told me no reply from the Canadian Border services agency.
I requested UPS to give me the shipment documents to clear the customs by myself. You know what.. UPS cancelled the shipment's import number from the system. As a result, Canadian Customs cannot release the shipment.
It only took me 5 minutes to find the issue. It is UPS again...

Last edited:
This message was emailed from one of the moderator to me two hours ago :
This is the reason that the user gave:
keep it on topic. general ranting about couriers is not the purpose of this forum or thread. i look forward to reading meaningful posts.

I ignore his message..

Hey @vkung

Sorry I'm (very) late to the party. You asked me for some quick impressions on my 8900 several weeks back. Here's my build with amorphous cores and Duelund caps:

IMG-3730 — ImgBB

I'm currently at the ~150 hour mark and things sound excellent. they were rough initially with what was probably the amorphous cores settling in, but I'm glad I stuck around. IMO, at least with respect to my personal build, this is the least Hifi sounding Elekit I've heard and might appeal to some people in the middle, who felt the previous two iterations sounded a little too "modern" but
also didn't want things too "rich".

As far performance goes, it punches well above its price and pretty much bests all the other amps I've owned so far, save for a custom 801A. For me, its best trait is being able to reproduce the ambience and space in a recording with such nuance that you're able to feel things like the tension in a room between movements of a symphony, or the "energy" you get from a crowd at a live concert. The description is nebulous for sure but saying things like "great soundstage", "top notch resolution", don't do it justice as this is truly a case for the sum being more than its parts.

Last edited:
Very tight space to put Jupiter inside 🤭

Attachments

• IMG_20211127_172231~2.jpg
    IMG_20211127_172231~2.jpg
    741.9 KB · Views: 380
UPS tracking: "Your package is in X City, USA on a truck driven by Bob and will be at your door at 2:37pm"

FedEx: "Your package is coming, you'll get it when we give it to you."

USPS: "You ordered something?"

Amazon: "We're inside your apartment."

Facebook: "We know you were just thinking about getting a toaster oven. Here are 13 ads for toaster ovens."

Last edited: