TU-8500 - Muses02

I've been trying out some Muse02 in my TU-8500 after upgrading to an AT-ART9XA a few weeks ago from an ART-7. Previously I was using the Muse01 with the ART-7.

8UHspez

So right off the bat I'll say that the Muse02 are much better for my current setup because I'm using a moving coil cartridge.

I used the Muse01 for a week with the new AT-ART9XA before switching over to the Muse02. And they sound exactly the same as the Muse0. That is probably because they are more or less the same. But with one major difference! The Muse01 are J-Fet input and the Muse02 are Bi-polar input.

Because of this the Muse02 are far better suited for Moving Coil, they provide a bit more gain over the Muse01. The biasing current is lower too, so noise performance is much better over the latter.

If you have a Moving Magnet you could play around with both in your TU-8500, but you would probably be better off with the Muse01, those are better suited for high impedance sources like Moving Magnet cartridges.

Anyways, the Muse opamp truly shine in the TU-8500! Highly recommend them if your looking for a premium upgrade!

My next step from here is to make a hybrid Muse02/Muse01 opamp. I'll be using the Muse02 in the input stage and the Muse01 in the gain stage.