Sunvalley SV-S1616D [300B]

The price is $1,475.00. Given the current global shipping problem, it seems that I must ship out of Japan via Air Cargo to Vancouver instead of ocean freight.. If I can ship out via Ocean Freight, I can sell at $1,375.00...

Sunvalley SV1616D is a traditional amp design... tube rectifier/choke/...
In fact Sunvalley keeps the same design for more than 20 years...
Mr Ohashi is a musican and audiophile. The amp design is based on sound..

ELEKIT tube amp is not a traditional tube amp design..
ELEKIT is changing the design model by model. The life span of each model is very short except TU-8200 and TU-8500.
Mr. Fujita is not an audiophile..His design is based on spec..
Both are good but they are using different approaches

Do you have final price and how it compares to Elekit?
Stereophile Aug 2021...Herb Reichert is reviewing Feliks Audio Arioso (300B Amp) and is comparing his "Long Favored" Elekit TU-8600S. He goes on to say.."I immediately noticed the TU-8600S's reach-out-and-hug-me fullness. The Elekit has a way of making sound..sound embracing. It's not warm or soft, too wet or to dry, but it is supple and yielding, and - dare I say it - feminine. With the Elekit, vocal and instrumental tones are presented with a hormone-infused purity ....both Amps are using EH Gold 300Bs. The review goes into 2 pages on the history of Western Electric 300B...Herb is using the TU-8600S with a selection of 300B tubes, Takatsuki, Linlai-Cossor, EH Gold, Psvane and US made WE 300B reissue. You will need to Buy the magazine on what Each tube sounds in TU-8600S...:smirk:...but based on Herbs ears...No one has matched the WE 300B.

Nice options to choose from between the TU-8900 with Lundahl Amophorous core OPT upgrade and the SV-1616D Hashimoto H 20-3.5U

Will say my preference is for point to point wiring and tube rectification. Then again GR-Research Danny Ritchie owns an 8600 which he hot-rodded, and Herb Reichert (formerly with AudioNote), knows the hi-end market of stratospherically expensive products, has written some very good reviews of the TU-8600(R, S) giving it a $tereophile recommended components B rating. IIRC the Cary Audio Electronic Supply AE-1 300B kit may have got a C rating, could have been a D rating, IDK???

Btw, any possibility of offering Hashimoto power transformer and choke to go along with the H-20.3.5U upgrade?

All the stock transfomers are made in Japan. I can add Hashimoto Choke.
There is no more Tango OPT manufacturing in Japan. Tumura will not offer custom made OPT. Hashimoto is one of the best options.

I am working very hard to get the best from SV1616D.

Afforable and Good Quality is my Motto.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user