Go Back   Home > Forums > > >

Elekit News and products from Elekit

Old 9th April 2021, 11:19 PM   #11
Neville is offline Neville  United States
diyAudio Member

Thx Rayma. My concern is how much “extra” this remote volume and input relays injects into audio signal. I was thinking of adding a bypass switch so it’s either full remote or full buffer with tu8600 pot.

I could not find a good stash of 12bh7 tubes so resorted to 12au7 since I have boxes of them.
Old 10th April 2021, 06:37 AM   #12
watchdog is offline watchdog  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville View Post
Thx for the mention of Lundahl - could you tell me what differences you heard? Yes, some have cautioned on Audible copper cap but so many have had no issues with higher B+ but I am keeping close eye on it.

For those wanting a sleeper 12ax7 tube I suggest checking out Psvane, it is from Shuguang, boy it reminds me so much of Mullard From Blackburn.

Starting on an Aikido tube buffer with remote volume this weekend. Unsure if I should remove pot from tu8600 or open it wide with this no gain preamp. Suggestions?
The Lundahl removes that layer of fog that is present throughout the frequency range. It also brings far greater speed as well as tightness and dynamics to the low frequencies. There is a marked increase in retrieval of detail and high frequency extension.

I recommend you leave the pot in. I bypassed the pot totally, but the resultant gain is quite high. I didn't have any issues because I can adjust the output on my source, and the pairing preamp is an AVC.
  Reply to this post

Is the 8600s better than Bob Latino VTA-ST70 ?Hide this!Advertise here!