Go Back   Home > Forums > > >

Elekit News and products from Elekit

Old 2nd March 2021, 11:40 PM   #11
Chul is offline Chul  South Korea
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paczeltf View Post
You seem to have misunderstood that I wrote. The overall gain of an amp is a personal preference to a big extent, but a gain in a particular stage in that amp is not.

You do not have any technical arguments and you are getting personal. The points that I raised apply to all changes from an R/C coupled design to an interstage transformer, especially if global feedback is involved.

If you follow the trial-end-error route, no problem, it is your amp in the end. But let me raise a warning sign for those who may be considering similar changes.
Audio is all about a personal preference because it is not about instrumental precision. But the gain is not a personal preference but a simple measurement.
That is why there is a volume control for loudness preference.

In fact, the effect of using interstage is normally toward 'increased feel' due to the dynamic character of the transformer.
And the insertion loss of the interstage transformer is negligent due to this effect.

A warning sign for DIYer...warning for what?

Please go ahead build and listen to this amp then we can talk.
Or you can measure the effect of the interstage transformer with a global feedback and let us know.

Do you know that the most famous output transformers usually show the worst waveform on the oscilloscope?
Maybe you can find out what it is like with TU-8600S.

Last edited by Chul; 2nd March 2021 at 11:52 PM.
Old 3rd March 2021, 10:09 PM   #12
paczeltf is offline paczeltf  Hungary
diyAudio Member

TU8600S with intestage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chul View Post
Please go ahead build and listen to this amp then we can talk.
I am not going to build an amp that lacks circuit design. I know this attitude well from various FB groups and forums and got tired of reading them through long ago. This was my last post to this thread. I am sorry but I don't have time and motivation for this.

P.S. This forum has been reasonably free of trolls and I hope it remains like that.
Old 5th March 2021, 06:13 PM   #13
Steve Morley is offline Steve Morley  Canada
diyAudio Member

Just a thought guys:
A Tubelab SE 300B amp (forum on this site) might be a better place to start for some serious experimenting. A board is about 30 bucks and you can add transformers of your choosing and hack the board if desired. It would save carving up the chassis and board of a TU8600S. At least until you have a working design.

BTW, can't speak to the difference a Lundahl OPT makes on the 8600 but it made a HUGE difference on the TU8340VK I built. But note; the Lundie sounded awful when first installed. At 50 hours it sounded better than the stock OPT and by 100 hours it blew the stock trannie away in both UL and Triode mode.

Cheers, Steve
  Reply to this post

TU8600S with intestageHide this!Advertise here!