ELROG 3300B Molybdenum Version

we are introducing a molybdenum plate version of the ER300B, called the ER300B-Mo.

Here a feedback from an early user of this tube:

To me the sound of the ER 300B M are again more gripping. More linear. More solid, locked imaging. Better dynamics. More separation.
It feels like the ’transport’ of the sound is more rock solid. It really feels like the same kinda musical step up i experienced going from the my previous set of tubes to the normal ER300B’s.
But now it’s an even more ’solid’ version. The sound signature is the same as the standard ER300B, but everything is much better.
I was listening at the new Tool album, from which is not easy to uncover all the details. It can actually sound very flat on a normal system. With the ER300B M, I finally hear way more separation of frequencies, and as a result it sounds way more ‘grunting’ and ‘gripping’.

Another customer feedback:

They sound spectacular: more of everything, micro detail shimmer on cymbals, bite on trumpets, more nuanced soundstage, bass seems tighten and more defined as well.

I can confirm similar findings in my amplifiers. It is not a subtle difference but immediately noticeable. Of course these new tubes do not render the standard ER300B obsolete. It sill be continued to be offered along these new versions.

Last edited:
After reading the first post, I started feeling sorry for who purchased the original ones, but it probably only means I'm not rich enough to get those tubes.

I am good with ER-3ooB. ER-300B-MO is for people who have a bigger budget...
You can spend few thousands for a pair of cable but I would rather spend money on a piece of Telefunken ECC803S in TU-8600S.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong to use $2000 for a pair of cable as long as you can afford it...

I am sorry to say this, but this attitude is VERY wrong and ignorant. :( We all know that a $2 cable works exactly the same as a $2000 cable. Therefore, PLEASE go with the $2 cable and give the remaining $1998 to someone in need. There are MANY people who are fighting to get food, medical treatment, and other basic needs!

Do we? Please let me know how can i join that cheap Universe you are inhabiting. Sounds like a great place :rolleyes:

Happily, you're already living in it. The burden of proof lies upon those who claim there is a difference.

mbrennwa has the right idea - anyone who sells a $2000 cable is taking advantage of the overly credulous and is wasting resources.

Last edited:
I am not taking sides but I think that most of the above posts should be removed by a moderator. The reason for this is that the thread has been derailed by a generic, moralising comments, written by people with no direct experience of the product the subject of the thread. Such comments could be equally be made in relation to any product - eg it could have been made if the tube cost $1500, $1000, $400, $200, or $50. To be spending any money at all on a hobby could be seen as excessive when that money could be spent on people in need. I do not wish to engage in a discussion on this topic - i just want to simply show that this thread has been improperly derailed, and such a discussion should be held in another thread elsewhere covering the topic. This thread should be about the new tube, its technology, and any good or bad experiences from people with direct experience of the product (including on performance vs price).

Fair enough, you make a good point Wansmith :) (although I do feel the term "generic" is disingenuous). Let me change tack:

Please post measurements comparing the regular 300B vs the molybdenum version along with the OPT used. The language used by vkung (and the 1000 Euro price increase) differentiating the two indicates there should be significant variances.

My motto is to offer goods and affordable products
I offer $35 Gold Lion ECC83. It is good and affordable. I also offer $1200 a piece ECC803.
It is up to the buyer to decide.

For ELROG, every time I need to wait at least three months to have the shipment. The supply is higher than demand .
It is ok for our discussion.