Thank You -TU-8600S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you for making this TU-8600S project a big success -
As a small firm with an enormous passion, we are attempting to offer the broadest range of kits possible to those of you who are equally interested in this unique pursuit of ultra-high quality audio reproduction.

Thank you for your support.

Hi Victor,
My TU8600S is up and running. The ProAc sound wonderful as never. Patricia Barber, Miles Davis and even Wagner take place in my sound room. A bit more and I can touch them. So much emotion in the female voices and cristal clear chords and percussions. Definitly it worth every dollars. My Planar 3 with Denon moving coil never created such tangible images space. Thank you so much to distribute so amazing dream machine.
Marc

Finished the amp tonight. Worked on first turn on.

Only a few hours in so just early impressions. In a word, psychedelic.

Very smooth. Very relaxed.

I only realized today that you made me the pure copper transformer hookup wire harnesses. I really appreciate that. I know you must have a million things to think about and doing that was incredibly generous. Thank you.

I'm very much looking forward to rediscovering my music through this amp!

Regards,
Oliver

Hi Victor,

I just wanted to let you know that I finished building my TU-8600S last night. I took my time and double-checked all my solder connections and component placement. The amp worked perfectly when I powered it on the first time. It is dead quiet and makes beautiful music.

allen

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thank you for making this project available to us Victor!!!

Not only thank you for the amp but also for getting all the tubes and other upgrades for us at discounted prices!!!

My amp is coming together and should be (hopefully) playing music this weekend!

20200810_203435.jpg

20200810_203721.jpg

20200811_173126.jpg

Hi Victor,

I just wanted to let you know that I received the tubes and transformers on Thursday.
A few hours later I had finished the assembly process and was listening to music.
The amplifier sounds wonderful, surpassing my expectations. The sound is smooth, detailed, lively, and thoroughly engaging.
I wanted to thank you and the folks at Elekit for making this fantastic kit available.
I'll be telling all my audiophile friends about it.

Sincerely,

Keith

Board is complete.
Assembled everything and tried first power on.
Blue light - check.
Heaters - check.
Silence - check.
Plugged into the RCAs and glorious sound (though very quiet which turned out to be a bad RCA cable). As I realised I have no 12AU7s, 12AX7s were used for testing - the sound was quite "driven" :p. A pair of EH 12AU7s are inbound and wlll spring for a pair of clear top RCAs and Mullards.

BTW, I assumed my kit had TKD resistors; I haven't measured my resistors with any precision, but they look a little small for the TKDs.

Attachments

• board1.jpg
    board1.jpg
    550.1 KB · Views: 378
Thank you! I got the OPT LL2785B yesterday and they are now in my TU-8600.

Initial thoughts,They sound great!! I did have the stock OPT in place while I waited for the LL2785B, so compared to those it's almost a night and day difference. I'll have to spend more time listening to them this week to hear how they compare against the LL2770B
Henry

Last edited:
It is more than building a DIY amp.
Allan thank you for sharing your lovely story...

Hi Victor,

I thought you'd like to hear the story of how my brother found out about the second TU-8600S amp that I bought for him.

I originally purchased these amps because my brother and I built similar DIY speakers that were known to work very well with the TU-8600 amp. The designer of the speakers uses a customized one in his system now. I know my brother wanted one, too.

My brother and I were talking last night. Up to this point, he did not know that I had ordered two TU-8600S amps. I was waiting for the right time to let him know, because he has other home projects right now that he is spending his money on. When he brought up that he saw where the DIYstore had the TU-8600 amps back in stock, I knew that I had to tell him before he ordered one from them. He said he could sell his existing Naim amps immediately so he was ready to buy one.

I asked him if he wanted to hear one. He said, "You mean you bought one?" I said, "No, I bought two." He said, "These are stereo amps, not mono block amps, right?" I said, "Yes, they are stereo. I bought one for me and one for you. I have built them both and yours is ready for you." He was so surprised!

I told him that you supplied the TU-8600S amps to DIYstore and that you sent me the first one (which is his). I told him it has all the upgrades, except for the better tubes. I told him to enjoy the tubes now because they sound great, and then upgrade them later.

Well, this was a very happy ending to the story. Thank you Victor for making it special for me and for him.

Sincerely,
Allan

Last edited:
Great amp! Running full upgrades on TU-8600S with Vcap CuTF caps and cheapest tubes, Bluesound Node 2i, modded crossovers in Klipsch RP-600m and SVS SB-3000. I think Victor picked out some great tubes for the lowest cost set. Incredible sound! Dead quiet between songs and liquid clear music that envelops the listener. Now to find an active crossover so I can run vinyl and a preamp....waiting on 6-24 crossover kit to hit the DIYAudio store.

Fully complete. Great sound. :up: :cool:

Apart from a few own goals, the only aspect I have had any trouble with was the jumper block for the volume pot, which was causing the volume knob to be very sensitive / noisy. I ended up replacing the single jumper with 7 twin jumpers, which fixed the problem.

Now just waiting for my Linlai WE700s to show up.

Attachments

• done.jpg
    done.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 220
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.