Troubleshooting TU-8200R headphone jack

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings all;

I've just finished the TU-8200R and the TU-8500. Both units fired up right away, and sound great! Yay!

I do have a minor issue with the TU-8200R's headphone jack, though.
When I plug in the headphones, one of the speaker channels doesn't mute. The other speaker channel does. The audio in the headphones is correct and OK.

Any guidance on how I might troubleshoot this is appreciated. I suspect a solder bridge, but I'd rather not tear down the amp if I can troubleshoot it first. Maybe checking for continuity at the headphone jack solder points?

Thanks!
Chuck

Make sure you check for a solder bridge first - I can't imagine that the mechanical switch in a headphone jack would fail in a position such that it wouldn't cut out speakers but still pass audio to the headphones as well. A solder bridge between pins 4 & 5 (L) or pin 7 & 8 (R) of the headphone jack would create the exact scenario you're facing.

Jack 6 on TU-8200R appears to have stuck contacts

did you check your soldering ?
I can mail you a new one but you need to take care the shipping.

Checking continuity on Jack 6 pins 4-5 shows continuity opening / closing when plug is inserted.

Pins 7-8 show continuity regardless whether plug is in or out.

----------

I would greatly appreciate a replacement jack 6. Can I send you a check or use a Visa card?

Thanks!

Chuck Cox
1364 Pitcher Canyon Rd.
Wenatchee, WA USA

chuckcox.ncw@gmail.com

It is cheaper to order from Amazon /
uxcell 6.35mm Stereo Socket Headphones Jack PCB Panel Mount Adapter 9P 6 Pcshttps://www.amazon.com/s?k=uxcell+6.35mm+Stereo+Socket+Headphones+Jack+PCB+Panel+Mount+Adapter+9P+6+Pcs&ref=nb_sb_noss

There is no EMS to USA from Japan..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.