Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elekit News and products from Elekit

Old 2nd July 2020, 02:02 PM   #1
LemonySnicket is offline LemonySnicket  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Default Pre-out for TU-8200R

Hello, everybody.

I have finished my first TU-8200R kit and have at least as much fun listening to it as I had building it.
What I miss is a pre-out. Did anyone retrofit this? Is this possible?
Old 2nd July 2020, 10:06 PM   #2
paczeltf is offline paczeltf  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Pre-out for TU-8200R
Hi,

The TU-8200 as well as other Elekit amps have no separate pre-amp section. You can connect the output of the volume potmeter to a pair of RCA jacks, but that will create impedance matching problems that this type of passive pre-amps usually has.
Old 3rd July 2020, 08:55 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi paczeltf.

Thank you for your answer.
So the TU-8500 would be the better way to go I guess.
Old 4th July 2020, 08:56 PM   #4
paczeltf is offline paczeltf  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Pre-out for TU-8200R
Hi,

It depends why you need a pre-out. If you use the TU-8200 as a headphone amp and want to use a separate power amp for speakers then the TU-8500 won't help that much as a) it has one pair of outputs b) TU-8200 has its own volume pot and is also sensitive enough.
Old 5th July 2020, 11:33 PM   #5
Mancave62 is offline Mancave62  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonySnicket View Post
Hi paczeltf.

Thank you for your answer.
So the TU-8500 would be the better way to go I guess.
The 8500 is just terrific and matches the 8200, so it looks cool. I listen primarily to vinyl, the phono stage is fantastic (MM and MC) and with three more line stages, it's very versatile. If you had fun building the 8200 you'll love the 8500. The 8200/8500 is a great little system and a lot of bang for the buck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg amps.jpg (901.1 KB, 111 views)
Old 8th July 2020, 03:15 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the answers.

I have some Channel Islands Audio D-100 monoblocks which I would like to drive with a tube preamplifier.
Maybe the 8500 is a really good idea. I used to have them on my lehmann audio linear, which was a bit too harsh, too clinical for me.

@Mancave62
How are you satisfied with the akitika?
Old 8th July 2020, 05:15 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Thank you for all the information.

I have some Channel Islands Audio D-100 monoblocks which I would like to drive with a tube preamplifier.
Maybe the 8500 is a really good idea. I used to have them on my lehmann audio linear, which was a bit too harsh, too clinical for me.

@Mancave62
how are you satisfied with the akitika?
Old 11th July 2020, 03:47 AM   #8
Mancave62 is offline Mancave62  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Akitika is great

Yes, I really love the Akitika PR102. First thing is that it has two amp inputs, so I have two amps at my finger tips to AB with different speakers, really cool. Second, It has a front panel input for your favorite digital source, I use Alexa, works great. Third, full tone control access with balance, etc. More line input than I could ever use, tape dubbing, etc..Really a very sophisticated pre-amp. I have added the phono stage and the head phone amp. Phono stage is great with user adjustable gain and capacitance settings. The build is a DIY dream, very detailed and complicated, was a blast to build. I really love the Elekit 8500 for its simplicity and great sound. If you need more then the PR102 is great.

If you want more info call Dan at Akitika, he's the designer and is awesome to deal with.
Old 2nd August 2020, 07:01 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Been listening for a day with the Elekit Preamp. Assembly was as expected entertaining and uncomplicated. The preamp runs alternately on the Channel Island monoblocks/wharfedales and on the Lehmann Audio Linear/Sennheiser HD 660 S - I am thrilled.

Great bang for your buck
  Reply to this post

Pre-out for TU-8200RHide this!Advertise here!