Pre-out for TU-8200R

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Hi,

It depends why you need a pre-out. If you use the TU-8200 as a headphone amp and want to use a separate power amp for speakers then the TU-8500 won't help that much as a) it has one pair of outputs b) TU-8200 has its own volume pot and is also sensitive enough.

Hi paczeltf.

Thank you for your answer.
So the TU-8500 would be the better way to go I guess.

The 8500 is just terrific and matches the 8200, so it looks cool. I listen primarily to vinyl, the phono stage is fantastic (MM and MC) and with three more line stages, it's very versatile. If you had fun building the 8200 you'll love the 8500. The 8200/8500 is a great little system and a lot of bang for the buck!

Attachments

• amps.jpg
    amps.jpg
    901.1 KB · Views: 218
Thanks for the answers.

I have some Channel Islands Audio D-100 monoblocks which I would like to drive with a tube preamplifier.
Maybe the 8500 is a really good idea. I used to have them on my lehmann audio linear, which was a bit too harsh, too clinical for me.

@Mancave62
How are you satisfied with the akitika?

Thank you for all the information.

I have some Channel Islands Audio D-100 monoblocks which I would like to drive with a tube preamplifier.
Maybe the 8500 is a really good idea. I used to have them on my lehmann audio linear, which was a bit too harsh, too clinical for me.

@Mancave62
how are you satisfied with the akitika?

Akitika is great

Yes, I really love the Akitika PR102. First thing is that it has two amp inputs, so I have two amps at my finger tips to AB with different speakers, really cool. Second, It has a front panel input for your favorite digital source, I use Alexa, works great. Third, full tone control access with balance, etc. More line input than I could ever use, tape dubbing, etc..Really a very sophisticated pre-amp. I have added the phono stage and the head phone amp. Phono stage is great with user adjustable gain and capacitance settings. The build is a DIY dream, very detailed and complicated, was a blast to build. I really love the Elekit 8500 for its simplicity and great sound. If you need more then the PR102 is great.

If you want more info call Dan at Akitika, he's the designer and is awesome to deal with.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.