To the cleverest out there--Time for Remote!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wish the cleverest folks out there would devise a device (maybe an external one) that would mechanically turn the volume knob or stick behind the knob on the TU 8600.

I have ideas but I'm not that mechanically inclined (I'm only handy).

I've seen people take a cheap preamp and place it under their volume knob and have it rotate the unit without a remote by turning a rubber band. That's a start.

Essentially I am asking, hey, we have external power supplies, why not invent an external remote volume device that attaches to the front of the amp?

Now, if one could be fashioned internally--all the better (maybe not sonically)--yet there's no room in the Elekit to do anything internally.

It's 2020--I don't care if it's Elekit or AudioNote or some boutique amp.... I need a remote!!

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Perhaps a small box full of electronics which is installed into the signal chain right before the amplifier. The wireless remote adjusts the gain/attenuation of this small box, whose output feeds the Elekit amplifier. Set the Elekit's volume control to 75% rotation, fix it in position using chewing gum or silicone bathtub caulk, and let New Box Thingy do the rest.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.