Sylvania JAN 5963
1951 RCA 12AU7 black plate

powertubes
gold lion KT66 KT77 and KT88
tungsol EL84s
tungsol 7581
tungsol 6L6GCSTRs
electro harmonix 6L6GC

primary music (80% of time ) is electronic - acid jazz, house, deep house, trance, along with classical music (piano concertos mostly), vocal jazz, phish, the dead and along with many other types of music (20% of time )depending on my mood!

for headphones i have grado 80SR80e which are ok, but since i think there may be better out there just picked up some sennheiser 6xx and akg7xx to try out

is there anything im missing?

Thanks for the post & very good information to know what your favourite combo is among those you've tried. Unfortunately I don't have anything to add as i don't experiment much with rolling (a bit fearful of the potential spending habit it might lead to haha), however I've been perfectly happy just using the stock 6L6EH with RCA clear top side getter 12AU7 drivers. I might branch out and try your recommended combo - thx for the tip.

For the preamp tubes I'm a huge fan of the JJ ECC802S (on my second pair after one of the first pair developed a slight hiss audible only during headphone use), although the regular JJ ECC82 is no slouch either.

For power tubes I've tried both the JJ 6L6GC and the JJ KT88 and while both are great tubes, the 6L6GC pairs better with the ECC802S.

curious if you have other suggestions worth trying for my elekit 8200

right now i have sylvania 5814s with the KT66; so far i must say that the

goldlion 12au7 and kt66 is my favorite combo, good base and nice warm sound

drivers
gold lion 12AU7
philips holland ecc82
ge holland ecc82
tungsol 6189
baldwin clear top 12AU7
Sylvania JAN 5963
1951 RCA 12AU7 black plate

powertubes
gold lion KT66 KT77 and KT88
tungsol EL84s
tungsol 7581
tungsol 6L6GCSTRs
electro harmonix 6L6GC

primary music (80% of time ) is electronic - acid jazz, house, deep house, trance, along with classical music (piano concertos mostly), vocal jazz, phish, the dead and along with many other types of music (20% of time )depending on my mood!

for headphones i have grado 80SR80e which are ok, but since i think there may be better out there just picked up some sennheiser 6xx and akg7xx to try out

is there anything im missing?
Dude, you have it covered, plug it in, crank it up, and enjoy the great music, LOL.

Add 807s to the list. There are posts that say not all of them are made the same. Mine are Haltron brown base. Any ideas if they are rebadged Brimar's. Pics here.

As Sunil, I use 807 that I found sounds superior to all other I tried (KT66, KT77, KT88, EL34).
Somehow even better than GL6GC (or just those I tried s*ck).

As driver, I use E80CC (after upgrades made, there's a separate thread on that "Some thoughts on Elekit TU-8200..").
I find yellow label Tungsram way above other E80CCs I see available, including the later red labelled Tungsram and late production Philips/Valvo. Get it while you can, my suggestion.

Have fun.

All 807s I tried sound cool. Mullard, RCA, Philips, Tungsram. Philips pushes mid-bass and upper bass a bit, cuts some of the top end, still listenable (true for their e80cc, too).

My power tubes are now TAD 6L6CGW , small bottle, red base. They sound really nice, especcially for accoustic music and voices. It's not an expensive tube (i paid 77€ for 2) . I am really happy with these tubes.
The associated pre-amp tubes are NOS Sylvania 5814A Grey plates :love: