Issue developed in tu8600 re headphone plugging - help plz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

Ive had my tu8600 for two years and just today i noticed that an issue has developed.

For background - I use the amp as a permanent amp for my speakers, but occasionally plug in headphones.

The issue:
When the amp is on (but volume is turned down to zero) and i plugged in headphones today - i heard a crackle in the left channel during the action of plugging it in. Similarly, when i unplugged the headphones (with volume turned all the way down), i heard a loud pop/crackle from my speakers (again left channel). I haven't experienced this until today.

However, the amp works and sounds fine when in operation and playing through speakers, or playing through headphones where i turn the amp off before plugging in the headphones, and turn the amp off when unplugging.

Just wondering what parts might be at fault in order to fix the amp.

Many thanks for any assistance

Hi all - many thanks for the replies - I swapped the left 300b with the right one (expecting the problem to manifest in the right channel), and the issue now seems to have disappeared. Will monitor throughout the week to see if the issue pops up again.

I couldn't check the DC voltage suggestion as my multimeter is at my parents place, but will pick over the weekend to have with me in case.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.