ACME 300B, PSAVNE WE300 & NS WE300B

I have 7 different types of 300B tube available to order:

/PAIRS
ELROG 300B $1,275.00
ACME 300B $ 835.00
PSAVNE WE300B $ 635.00
PSAVNE HI FI $ 180.00
COSSOR WE300B $ 535.00(COSSOR made by LinLAI)
NS 300B GRY PLATE $ 160.00 ( made by LinLAI)
NS 300B BLK PLATE $ 195.00 (COSSOR made by LinLAI)

ELROG 300B

ACME 300B

PSAVNE WE300B

PAVENE 300B (HIFI)

Natural sound (LINLAI) TUBES are made by ex PSAVNE employee. YOU WILL SEE BOTH TUBES HAVE THE SAME CONSTRUCTION . THE NS TUBE SET PRICING IS VERY ATTRACTIVE TOO

Natural SOUND WE300B(Made By LINLAI

Natural SOUND 300B (LINLAI) - Grey plate

Natural SOUND (LINLAI) 300B - Black plate

PSVANE WE 300B vs Nature Sound WE 300B

CAN YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE ??

Last edited:
I had decided to try Gold Lions for my first 300b, but I saw the thread where several folks had issues with red plating using the GLs. In that thread, you suggested the black plate NS 300b, would you say that they are good, or just good, considering the low price? The TU-8600 was something I always wanted, but kind of an impulse buy, so I would be happy to buy a set of the affordable NS Black Plate 300b based upon your recommendation. I also have the TU-8200, I bought EH EL34 and EH KT88, planning to upgrade the one I liked the most, but I'm still perfectly happy with that selection paired with my vintage GE, RCA and Raytheon 12AU7 and all the different combinations possible with the TU8200. It's possible that I did not give the 12AU7s that were included with the TU-8200 a fair chance to break-in, but those were the only tubes that I found objectionable almost immediately. The RCAs improved the sound to my ear instantly. I am still assembling my TU-8600, but it would be nice to have some tubes here as soon as I am finished. Any suggestions for the 12AX7? I will most likely try some vintage American tubes with the 12AU7 from my 8200 collection.

More importantly, can you hear the difference? Any comment on longevity for any of the tubes you have used

Yes! I'm 800 hours into the Natural SOUND 300B Black plate and they sound like if you added a JJ 300B and a Gold Lion 300B together, you don't get the same highs like in the Gold Lion, or the same Bass like with a JJ, you get a good mix of the two with this tube, I don't feel like Im sacrificing one of the the spectrum like with other tubes.

I'm tracking the output curve with a restored Hickok Cardmatic as the tubes age. I'll update as I gather more data. But as of right now the tubes curves are within 1% of each other! I was expecting more drift, especially at 800 hours.

I will eventually move on to testing other tubes as well!

is there anyone using elrog 300b's?

I'm using Elrog with TU-8600.
Last month, I bought a used TU-8600 from the local community. It comes with Genelex tube sets and that impressed me a lot so I reach out to Victor to see what I can modify to improve the sound. In the end I bought Elrog 300b, Telefunken 12AU7/12AX7, Vcap CuTF and TKD volume pot from him :D

After I soldered all in, I am very impressed with the sound so I got my friends to come and listen. The session is documented in the link below by a reviewer's friend.

Another friend is so jaw drop that he begged me to try this amp at his place with his Devore 093 Orangutan. I brought it over the next week and he offers to buy my set on the spot. After that, I email Victor to buy another TU-8600 with all the upgrade and it was DHL to me 4 days later.

Happy ending for all I guess:)

Eric's Hi-Fi Blog: The Quick and Dirty 300B tube shoot-out