Recommended speakers for Elekit TU-8200R

Hi everyone
It's time for me to get new speakers . I own JBL ES 80 tower speakers which is 90db and is quite good . My budget is around 500€ . My room is around 40m2
I have few second hand choices (Most of them won Hi-fi award) :
1- Kef IQ 70 - 90db - 300€ ( was 1100€ in 2010)
2 - Monitor audio RX6 - 90db - 450€ (was 1100€ in 2011)
3 - Bowers and Wilkins 683 S2 - 89db - 600€ (was 1600€ in 2014)
5 - Triangle Borea BR08 - 92db - 550€ (was 1200€ in 2019)

I can't go to listen to them all because they are quite far away from home and i want to get one of them on the way to my parent's.

My first choice could be the 683 S2 but it seems that it's quite hard to drive.

Any advice ? any experience to share ??

Greetings
Stef

Of couse I know which type of speakers are good for SET amp.
As I said eveyone's cup of tea is different..
Basically, I do not want my speak has a cabinet and corsssover. My curent speaker is 118db 16 ohm 8 inches full range speaker..
Dave p.s. - The new TU-8200R with Lindahl C core is way too much better than the early version of TU-8200.

Do you have access to any woodworking equipment and are you cool with open baffles? If so, tons of full range DIY options open up to you. Tang Band, Fostex, Dayton, Visaton, Wild Burro, Common Sense. You might even be able to get Lowther drivers in your price range since you're in the EU. All of these brands make excellent 8" full rangers.

Thanks to your recommendation Cipriano
Yes I can have acces to a carpenter workshop :) .
I had a look today and i can have a pair of Fostex FE108-sol (90db) for 250€ or Tang bang w8-1808 for 500€ or visaton B200 for 200€.
Lowther drivers is too expensive.

The next step would be to pick one of them
Then, I must find plans for floorstanding speakers or horn speakers.

With access to a woodshop, I wouldn't even consider the speakers you list in original post. :)

One option would be the Visaton B200 (with a high QTS of .76) placed into the open baffle with wings that Wild Burro has here:

https://wildburroaudio.com/projects/

Just straight cuts and drilling out an 7.45" hole for the drivers! No routing or gluing. If you are really good with the woodshop then you could look into a pair of horns, but honestly I think OB would be best with your Elekit. I have a pair of Wild Burro Betsy's in OB (very similar in measurements to the B200's) and they sound great with my TU-8150 amp with has less power than to your TU-8200.

Good Luck

One of the few drivers you can get away with OB with no bass assistance.

It benefits greatly from phase plugs: B200 phase plug. They do a really good job of fixing the laser beam top and flattening their FR. They also benefit from a coat of thinned puzzlekoat.

dave
Dave,
I love my Betsy's that you enabled for me. One of the few pairs of audio gear I could never part with!

Unfotunatly, OB is not an option. I don't have enough step back in my room.

After reflexion, a close cabinet or a back loaded horn could do the job. I've seen a 115 liter enclosure with visatin B200 to sell (450€).

Did you ever hear about correction to bing to full range drivers (capacitor, resistance) ?