Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elekit News and products from Elekit

Old 26th June 2020, 09:32 PM   #31
milanstastny is offline milanstastny  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Hi Ttubrag,
Have you already bought the speakers? If yes, share please your experience with us.
If you choosed for the Klipsh 600M, check please the link about upgrading Klipsch 600M by a profesional, very interesting video:
YouTube
I did some research about a proper loudspeakers for my TU-8200R and i found two US companies producing high-eficiency speakers for tube amps. The first one is called ZU
Hi-Fi Speakers | High Efficiency Speakers | Custom made in Utah | Zu Audio
I was excited about Omen MKII, but some people said the lower frequencies are not so good.
Then I discovered the company Omega:
Monitor Speakers

– Omega Speaker Systems

I like that the Omegas have the power requirements: as little as 2 watts and they do not need the crossover.
I forgot the third US company producing the Tekton speakers:
Lore Reference - Tekton Design | Improve your hearing
Very good quality and a good price too.
Old 28th June 2020, 01:58 AM   #32
Ttubrag is offline Ttubrag  United States
diyAudio Member

I purchased the Klipsch RP-600M from Amazon.com for $419. I thought the speakers were fine but didn't have the breathless reaction that you see in review videos. Then I bought and completed the crossover upgrade kit from GR Research (the one in the video). Part of what sold me on the upgrade is that it will flatten the impedence curve as discussed in this thread. I'm very happy with the Klipsch at this time. I was also able to pick up a Schitt Loki tone controller, which will allow for some adjustments. I am not very secure in my ability to hear all the nuances, but I am confident that they are convinced that they sound better than before the upgrade. The upgrade cost $209 US, so I am still at half the price of the Omega speakers (though they are gorgeous). I also got to enjoy the project of the upgrade and I probably learned something, too.

I do want to try a full range driver in the future, but the Klipsch are great for me for now.
Old 1st July 2020, 08:41 PM   #33
LemonySnicket is offline LemonySnicket  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

I run mine with Wharfedale Linton Heritage 85th.

Recommended speakers for Elekit TU-8200RHide this!Advertise here!